Any chance of a Larry electric without a tune-o-matic type bridge?

Started by rockstar_not, May 23, 2010, 07:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: unclrob on June 05, 2010, 08:41:47 AM
I'm not a chicken picker either.I use it for all style's of music.

I realize more than just that style can be played on a Tele - but roll back to my opening post - I'm asking for a Larry electric without a tune-o-matic bridge.  Somewhere here on page 2, it turned into 'make a Larry Tele'.

That's not necessarily what I'm looking for - In fact the narrow neck of most teles is a little hard for me to play.  Gibson SG neck width and thickness - set neck, Strat-like body, Some buckers with coil tapping, and strings not suspended way off the body of the guitar like with a tune-o-matic bridge, root-beer burst finish, some cream accents on bindings/hardware, voila!

-Scott
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

My LT-1 is a killer little guitar. It may look like a tele but it's not much like my tele except for body shape.   

Hey the tele was just a suggestion on my part.As pretty as the RS4 is the body style is not my glass of scotch.I'm sure that the gang at Larrivee will come up with a second body design that will appeal to those that the RS4 doesn't.For me its a tele type,which isn't for all.Myself I prefer simple bridge systems,tele 3 saddle's and simple wrap-a-rounds.The only Les Paul I ever liked was a 53 with P90's and a wrap-a-round.something about skating barefoot,yum yum. :drool:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

How about a PRS type sculpted top, set neck, string through bridge - something like this Schaller http://guitar-bridge.com/hp135016/Guitar-Bridge-3D-6.htm, and choice of pup configuration like you can get on a PRS, 3 on a side head, etc.?
2000 L-03-E
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Quote from: rockstar_not on June 07, 2010, 10:23:22 AM
How about a PRS type sculpted top, set neck, string through bridge - something like this Schaller http://guitar-bridge.com/hp135016/Guitar-Bridge-3D-6.htm, and choice of pup configuration like you can get on a PRS, 3 on a side head, etc.?

You could do it yourself, if'n you have the know-how or find someone to do it for you. WWLPD? What would Les Paul do?  :smile:

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 07, 2010, 11:50:16 AM
You could do it yourself, if'n you have the know-how or find someone to do it for you. WWLPD? What would Les Paul do?  :smile:

Ah, the know-how.  Yes, and I could have built my Larry acoustic had I the know-how as well.

Since he's gone, we'll never know WWLPD.  I would like to think he would have gone away from Tune-o-matic, but that's only a dream.....
2000 L-03-E
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Tomorrow, June 9, would have been Les Paul's 95th birthday. He would have innovated, that's what he would have done. From Wiki:

Paul was dissatisfied with acoustic-electric guitars and began experimenting at his apartment in Queens, NY with a few designs of his own. Famously, he created several versions of "The Log", which was nothing more than a length of common 4x4 lumber with a bridge, guitar neck, and pickup attached. For the sake of appearance, he attached the body of an Epiphone hollow-body guitar, sawn lengthwise with The Log in the middle. This solved his two main problems: feedback, as the acoustic body no longer resonated with the amplified sound, and sustain, as the energy of the strings was not dissipated in generating sound through the guitar body. These instruments were constantly being improved and modified over the years, and Paul continued to use them in his recordings long after the development of his eponymous Gibson model.

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 08, 2010, 11:42:40 AM
Tomorrow, June 9, would have been Les Paul's 95th birthday. He would have innovated, that's what he would have done. From Wiki:

Paul was dissatisfied with acoustic-electric guitars and began experimenting at his apartment in Queens, NY with a few designs of his own. Famously, he created several versions of "The Log", which was nothing more than a length of common 4x4 lumber with a bridge, guitar neck, and pickup attached. For the sake of appearance, he attached the body of an Epiphone hollow-body guitar, sawn lengthwise with The Log in the middle. This solved his two main problems: feedback, as the acoustic body no longer resonated with the amplified sound, and sustain, as the energy of the strings was not dissipated in generating sound through the guitar body. These instruments were constantly being improved and modified over the years, and Paul continued to use them in his recordings long after the development of his eponymous Gibson model.

Actually, I will forever be grateful to the great Les Paul; not for solid body electric guitars, but for inventing multi-track recording.
2000 L-03-E
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

I know this is an oldie but I figured I could update it some......
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help