Second Guitar? Your thoughts please... OM-05MT it is!

Started by dee-ten, May 20, 2010, 08:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: cke on June 04, 2010, 11:03:18 AM
Really, the Pings are fine if you have the chrome buttons. The black buttons are the problem.

Well actually the tuner got bound up internally which led to breaking the knob. I could have just replaced the one Ping but it was a good excuse to try the much praised Gotoh tuners.  I'm still using Pings on a 2000 D-02 and they're fine.
Here are the Gotoh 510's

Quote from: bluesman67 on June 04, 2010, 01:30:00 PM
Have you gotten the OM-05MT yet?  Excellent choice, you will absolutely love it!  It will compliment your D-10 very nicely and be quite a different beast.  Hogtops are the best.  I did swap out the tuners on mine with the Gotoh 510s, just dropped them right in and used the same screw holes.  I like them so much better than the Pings and the stupid plastic buttons on the pings kept breaking...tuning is so much nicer.

Haven't gotten it yet. I'm going to see if anything turns up at a local sale tomorrow, because I'd rather but one that I can actually play first, but if that doesn't happen I'm more than likely going to buy the OM-05MT.  :nanadance

Thanks for the tuner advice everyone.  :donut :donut2 :donut And of course your thoughts on the hogtop guitars.  :drool:
2000 Larrivee D-10

Well, I finally bought the OM-05MT...I hope I like it. :guitar We'll find out in a few days when it arrives. :bgrin:

Coffee and donuts to all of you who helped me decide.  :coffee  :donut :donut2 :donut :coffee :donut :donut2 :donut :coffee
2000 Larrivee D-10

:nana_guitar :nanadance :nana_guitar

Congrats...I adore my OM-05mt...sweet mellow tone...a bark when you put the spurs to her...and she looks AWESOME!!!

We'll need photos when she arrives.

I will second the recommendation for Gotoh 510...super easy to install and MUCH better than the stock tuners.

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

Matt,

I'm sorry, you won't like it. No. You'll LOVE it.  :nice guitar:

I say this from personal experience. :-)
Cheers,

Will

Acoustic, Electric & Air guitars

I think you'll be lovin it for a long time.  I love OM style Guitars. 
Taylor 410 L2 (Rosewood)
Gibson Custom Shop J-45
Partscaster Tele
Partscaster Strat
Therdrail Amp
LR Baggs
Pedals and What Not

Quote from: Blue in VT on June 08, 2010, 11:24:07 AM
:nana_guitar :nanadance :nana_guitar

Congrats...I adore my OM-05mt...sweet mellow tone...a bark when you put the spurs to her...and she looks AWESOME!!!

We'll need photos when she arrives.

I will second the recommendation for Gotoh 510...super easy to install and MUCH better than the stock tuners.

Blue

Thanks Blue, I have to say you inspire me. :guitar

(I don't think I'll post photos because there already are a bunch posted.)

Quote from: willguitar on June 10, 2010, 11:10:00 PM
Matt,

I'm sorry, you won't like it. No. You'll LOVE it.  :nice guitar:

I say this from personal experience. :-)

:nanadance Can hardly wait to get my hands on it... :nanadance :nana_guitar
2000 Larrivee D-10

I'm lovin' it!  :nana_guitar :bgrin: :roll :bgrin: :roll :bgrin: :nana_guitar

[attachment deleted by admin]
2000 Larrivee D-10

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Hog tops rule,  here's a picture of my OM-03MT

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

:cheers Congratulations.  Is your dread getting jealous?  Here's my Forum I.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Thanks for sharing your pics guys! I didn't realize how pretty mahogany is until I got mine. I'll try to take some better pictures soon. Larrivee is sending me some chrome tuner knobs - awfully nice of them - but eventually I'd like to replace all the tuners with the Gotoh 510's.
bluesman67, I guess my dread is getting a little jealous, but she can't complain because she's gotten all the attention for the last year and a half. :tongue:
2000 Larrivee D-10

Glad to hear you're happy with the OM-05MT.  It looks great and I'm sure it's sounds great as well.  Sometimes a leap of faith is well rewarded!  Enjoy!