Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenny Wayne Shepherd rocks!  (Read 874 times)
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2010, 12:39:47 PM »

Listening to Ledbetter heights - love it!!

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 12:03:28 AM »

Have you seen "10 Days Out"?
I'm guessing that you would really like it.
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 05:26:35 AM »

Have you seen "10 Days Out"?
I'm guessing that you would really like it.

Yup.      the 10 days out dvd is a must-see.     Great blues by largely unknown musicians teaming up with KWS.
There are some exceptional moments and lots of good guitar playing.    Surprisingly, the portions with the more well-known musicians like BB King and Gatemouth Brown are not the highlights.  Seeing  Etta Baker is a treat.   But the best moment for me was the little number with KWS and Buddy Flett;  "Honky Tonk Blues" .  I'm a sucker for a tasteful slide lick and Buddy doesn't disappoint.

Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 05:53:50 PM »

Yup.      the 10 days out dvd is a must-see.     Great blues by largely unknown musicians teaming up with KWS.
There are some exceptional moments and lots of good guitar playing.    Surprisingly, the portions with the more well-known musicians like BB King and Gatemouth Brown are not the highlights.  Seeing  Etta Baker is a treat.   But the best moment for me was the little number with KWS and Buddy Flett;  "Honky Tonk Blues" .  I'm a sucker for a tasteful slide lick and Buddy doesn't disappoint.

+1 I actually have both the CD and DVD. I just love Honky Tonk Lynn!! (Buddy Flett's voice reminds me of a very bluesy John Fogerty)

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 06:04:27 PM »

I will have to check out 10 days out.  Led Better Heights is a great album, I haven't listened to KWS in years since his lame 2nd album.  I'm sure he's matured since then.  I did see him twice, once opening for BB King and another in a bar in Providence.  He was very good both times.  If you like Led Better Heights, you will also like the Chris Duarte Group's 1st album, Texas Sugar Strat Magic.  I prefer his playing over KWS but everybody holds a candle to SRV.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 06:11:06 PM »

Yeah - he actually does a song with BB King on "10 days out" too. I've also got "Trouble is" and "Live on" - Love it and Noah Hunt's vocals is just great.
Boy, you guys are really fortunate to be able to see these artists...    drool

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 10:00:38 PM »

+1 I actually have both the CD and DVD. I just love Honky Tonk Lynn!! (Buddy Flett's voice reminds me of a very bluesy John Fogerty)

Buddy has a couple of cds himself.   Check out the cd entitled "Mississippi Sea"  ....great acoustic blues
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 10:18:41 PM »

I will check it out, thanks Lynn.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
DaveyO
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 03:26:06 PM »

I saw him recently at Guitar Center, it was very intimate setting.
Personally I like Robben Ford for blues, but he was very good.
Dave
dkoloff

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 01:17:48 AM »

Saw K.S in Flint , MI in the spring....watching him makes you want to work really hard to improve ones guitar skills....or make you quit.   

Taylor Custom GA
Taylor 424ce SL
Breedlove Pro C25/CRH
Rainsong OM
Composite Acoustics OX Raw ( Peavey)
Composite Acoustics OX Gloss
Voyage Air VAOM-1C
Baden D style Mahogany
Journey Instruments Spruce/Mahogany
Simon and Patrick Woodland Pro
erose

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 05:29:40 AM »