World's best electric = RS4

Started by SharkFM, May 08, 2010, 02:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great video, great location. I live in Vancouver so I don't get the surf but skimming works for me. One question though, Was this a self shot video? If it was, does that mean you surf alone? Not a problem if you do. I mtb the shore solo all the time and understand the risks going solo. Just wondering.

that beach has to be in the top 10 most awesomeness places in the world. must say the backdrop looks pretty amazing in HD.

I did shoot this vid and surf on my own. don't have a lot of time on my hands so i work quickly. 10 mins video, 2 mins audio. was the only one on the beach just b4 8am. A few other surfers showed up a bit later.

tofino area is pretty forgiving - sandy and deep enough.  i am a water skier so been in the water for years. this winter the waves were HUGE. one day I battled to get out there and when I made it was alone in these monsters. scared the @&$^ of me. managed to hang onto a big one, and headed back in.  i am a novice at it.

Amber Larrivee RS4 electric guitar in excellent condition. Includes the original HS case. Body: South American Mahogany, Top Plate: Extra Thick Flamed Maple, Neck: Single Piece South American Mahogany, Fretboard: Indian Rosewood. The craftsmanship and playability are fantastic..

Quote from: katieburton12 on August 30, 2010, 01:51:04 AM
Amber Larrivee RS4 electric guitar in excellent condition. Includes the original HS case. Body: South American Mahogany, Top Plate: Extra Thick Flamed Maple, Neck: Single Piece South American Mahogany, Fretboard: Indian Rosewood. The craftsmanship and playability are fantastic..

Welcome to the club, kb12!   :nice guitar:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Since I already have one, I can only say ... Yes ...  :nice guitar: 

Hey guys, IM STOKED, just bought RS4 tobacco-burst & P90's.............have never played one, but my great experience with Larrivee acoustics is all I need (plus a little assurance from Matt Larrivee didn't hurt). Will be updating regarding this soon, I am on here a lot but usually cannot get logged in. See ya
Mark
Larrivee D03R
Larrivee RS4 tobacco P90's

markslife,

You have made a very wise and rewarding choice with your addition of the RS-4 with P-90's!

Congratulations and welcome to the "LARRIVEE ELECTRIC CLUB" here at the forum! :beer

You are in for a treat BIGTIME! I have a ROOTBEER RS-4 with HB"s and an AMBER RS-2
with P-90's! Truly SUPERBLY BUILT GUITARS WITH AMAZING TONES! BEST value in the
BOUTIQUE GUITAR  industry! :thumb

Can't wait to hear you comments on your first couple of trial runs on your RS-4!

Mac
Mac Baker

:cop:
RS4 alert.........ebay has about 4 right now, 3 different sellers - for those holding out for used/like new!
Mark
Larrivee D03R

I really don't know how someone could let one of these go. Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If one is on the fence I guess now would be a good time to buy. The prices they are going for right now is simply criminal. Would go for another myself BUT that just wouldn't be right :roll
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Alright, preliminary results loking good............had about 15 minutes with my new 8lb baby (RS4) that arrived today. Anyway, all of the quality expected from Larrivee, including Larrivee-made P90s. Will have more to say soon. Can anyone verify if getting a new guitar is grounds for a paid sick/personal day, already need to babysit this thing!   :arrow

Pics:
http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc516/markslifetime/RS4/
Mark
Larrivee D03R

Quote from: markslife on September 17, 2010, 11:06:42 PM
Can anyone verify if getting a new guitar is grounds for a paid sick/personal day, already need to babysit this thing!  

It sure is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll

The RS4 P90 ought to be a nice complement to that 67 SG your sportin.

Ya might now be considering an RS4 with the Larrivee Hummers :? Now that you see just how great these Gits are especially when you have another great one ( 67 SG) to compare the quality and workmanship to.

Very interested in hearing your thoughts and experiences :wave
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Just got one for my son, tobacco burst.  Even he says it sounds better than his Gibson!

Quote from: pigtown on September 24, 2010, 07:47:18 AM
Just got one for my son, tobacco burst.  Even he says it sounds better than his Gibson!

Congratulations - and I trust your son is right  :gotpics:

Sorry if this is already common knowledge, but what are some differences between the two styles of RS4 pickups?  Thanks.
Gary - RS-4 (for sale), Bourgeois VOM

I have the Larrivee P90's RS4, thinking about getting another one with HB's.

P-90s are Gibson-born single coils but not as twangy as Fender types - kindof a creature of there own. Gibson has been using them off and on since wayyyy back and some serious guitarists play them. I have been playing P-90s since a kid on my 67 Gibson SG which has some extremely killer bite. The Larrivee P90's are a bit more controlled as opposed to the raw vintage edge I am used too, but this is not a bad thing at all. Larrivee's version are extremely well balanced in tone and more. I have had a bit of a challenge using my RS-4 w/P90s as my main electric guitar due to getting used to the pickups - guitar is top notch though!!!!

Humbuckers are Gibson patented double coils, hotter pickups - some may say richer/fatter sound, more depth, more sustain........you almost have to play both to understand. I have not played the Larrivee Hbs so maybe some of these guys with both can chime in.

Really depends on what you played in past, and what types of music and tones your after. I feel that the HB's are probably the safest choice if in doubt.
Mark
Larrivee D03R

Quote from: markslife on October 04, 2010, 02:29:14 AM
Really depends on what you played in past, and what types of music and tones your after. I feel that the HB's are probably the safest choice if in doubt.
Just got an RS4 with Larrivee HB's so that's great to hear.  Thanks!
Gary - RS-4 (for sale), Bourgeois VOM

Just received a tobacco burst RS-4.  Incredibly beautiful guitar that plays and sounds great.  I've alawys been a strat and/or tele guy.  I may be crossing over to the dark side!
On a spot quiz, my significant other was able to identify 57% of the instruments in my collection . . .

Quote from: gevans378 on November 13, 2010, 08:19:09 PM
Just received a tobacco burst RS-4.  Incredibly beautiful guitar that plays and sounds great.  I've alawys been a strat and/or tele guy.  I may be crossing over to the dark side!

:welcome: to the Darkside gevans

You may find a slight adjustment period due to your Fender experience.

Tobacco Burst  I assume Humbuckers and not P90's ( only because of majority) Larrivee or Lollar Humbuckers :?

Tell us what you think so glad to have another in our midst

Mine came with the Lollar humbuckers.  The flatter radius is taking a bit of getting used to, but I'm enjoying the difference between the Larrivee neck and my strats and teles.  I am able to pull a whole lot of great tones out of my Koch Studiotone with the RS-4.  I think my other electrics are going to catch some dust for awhile. 
On a spot quiz, my significant other was able to identify 57% of the instruments in my collection . . .

Quote from: gevans378 on November 14, 2010, 07:45:06 AM
Mine came with the Lollar humbuckers.  The flatter radius is taking a bit of getting used to, but I'm enjoying the difference between the Larrivee neck and my strats and teles.  I am able to pull a whole lot of great tones out of my Koch Studiotone with the RS-4.  I think my other electrics are going to catch some dust for awhile. 

Welcome to this elite group!  That Tobacco burst was my first choice until Larrivee came out with the Rootbeer burst, and I found out they had several lefties in process. I know of a new old stock Tobacco burst one with Lollars that's out there, and if I had the $$, I'd nab it today! (Mine has the Larrivee buckers, which are awesome.)

The Larrivee neck is very different from a Strat or Tele - it's a lot like their acoustic necks. I like both (the Fender style and Larrivees), and these Larrivees are just head and shoulders above some other set-neck brands in quality of wood, components and workmanship - it's just a no brainer great deal.

Make sure you check out the thread here about Larrivee on Good Morning America ... that is a fun clip to watch as that Larrivee RS-4 gets a workout (and I'm by no means a big fan of Reba - but it's great exposure for Larrivee!)
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992