The wait is almost over

Started by lyric_girl, May 08, 2010, 09:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Some of you on this forum know that I have a Rickenbacker 360 on order, and it's been on order since September 19, 2008.

The deal with Rickenbacker is they make a set number of instruments each year period. I believe that number is 20,000. Unlike some places in the US, you generally cannot walk into a dealer here and pull one off the wall, as you need to order them.

So, I patiently put down my deposit and have waited and waited and then some. When my order was placed with Rickenbacker, I was told that the estimate was between 12-18 months for delivery. So, that should have been some time between September 19, 2009 and March 19, 2009. My Ric landed at the dealer in Toronto on April 23 making it 19 months and 4 days total...not too bad.

Now, I have to figure out a way to pay for it. Hmmmm...  :roll
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

My wife would say sell the kids and the husband.I hope this helps. :wave

As some know my wife is trying to sell me. :ohmy:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

That is a loooooong wait! Hope it is all that you've anticipated it to be!

As to paying for it, I like unclrob's idea, but doesn't the government (ours is giving away money right and left!) have grants that "starving artists" can apply for? (Or do you have to be a huge, bloated financial institution to qualify?)  :?
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Yes Rev they have grants but you have to be rich to get them. :roll
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I believe our Lyric Girl is a Canuck. No bale outs here ( yet anyhow) Wow that is a long wait for Ricky. Lets us know your thoughts once Ricky arrives!!!!

:nice guitar: for sure and one that you don't see everyday in my area of the world. :nice guitar:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Yes, I live in the Great White North, so no grants here. I have been to shop, paid them more money and got to touch and take pictures of her. She looks just amazing. I will definitely be posting my thoughts when she comes home to stay.

I had to google  Rickenbacker 360 to see what kind of guitar you have waited so long to acquire!  Is your guitar like this one?

Yes, but JetGlo or black

This just brings back memories. A month ago, I was bidding on one on eBay, and the owner was only 10 km from me. I decided to pull out of the bidding race and it only went for $1,200.00 AUD. Now tht hurts!! Lyric Girl, you have a 'Magic' guitar. Go Girl!!!
cheers
fongie

LG...is yours a 6 or a 12?  I have a 12, and I have to tell you, I'd rather have a root canal than to have to change the strings on it.  Whomever designed those 2 grooves on the headstock has to be the most fiendish person alive.  Most folks here know I name my guitars.  Ricky has 2 names...Ricky, and one for when I change the strings...his 2nd name cannot be repeated here..... :roll

But, I do love playing it.  It's got the dual outputs so I can get that "60's" sound. Tamborine Man, Feel A Whole Lot Better, If I needed Someone,  Words of Love, etc.

It's a 6.

If you want me to dig through my books on Rickenbacker, I'm sure I can find out just who it was that designed that system for the 12 strings so you can take his name in vain every time you change the strings out. :roll

Quote from: Walkerman on May 10, 2010, 11:22:36 AM
LG...is yours a 6 or a 12?  I have a 12, and I have to tell you, I'd rather have a root canal than to have to change the strings on it.  Whomever designed those 2 grooves on the headstock has to be the most fiendish person alive.  Most folks here know I name my guitars.  Ricky has 2 names...Ricky, and one for when I change the strings...his 2nd name cannot be repeated here..... :roll

Those two little grooves = the smallest torture chambers created by man!!!  :roll

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 10, 2010, 03:24:20 PM
Those two little grooves = the smallest torture chambers created by man!!!  :roll

Ok, let me start by saying that this isn't meant to be a sexist remark, but not necessarily the smallest torture chambers created by man are bras and pantyhose. I will stop now. :roll

Quote from: lyric_girl on May 10, 2010, 03:44:42 PM
Ok, let me start by saying that this isn't meant to be a sexist remark, but not necessarily the smallest torture chambers created by man are bras and pantyhose. I will stop now. :roll

I got nothin'.

:rolleye:

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 10, 2010, 10:33:42 PM
I got nothin'.

:rolleye:

I was pretty sure you wouldn't have a comeback to that! LOL

Quote from: lyric_girl on May 11, 2010, 08:12:03 PM
I was pretty sure you wouldn't have a comeback to that! LOL

Some of us guys aren't too bright, but we eventually learn when to keep still.  :rolleye:

Quote from: lyric_girl on May 10, 2010, 03:44:42 PM

LG....hate to be the one to break the news....but you women did it to yourself......

"...The first modern brassiere to receive a patent was the one invented in 1913 by a New York socialite named Mary Phelps Jacob...."

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 12, 2010, 09:06:06 AM
Some of us guys aren't too bright, but we eventually learn when to keep still.  :rolleye:

Yup
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Stupid woman! :roll

Back on topic...did you get the Rick yet?