Kramer RS4

Started by Cybercanyon, May 04, 2010, 05:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I wanted to show my Kramer Paul Dean made by Larrivee in 12/1987, for Kramer.  It is similar to the Larrivee RS4 of the same period.  It has Seymour Duncan pups and a Floyd Rose tremolo.  I like collecting the older Larrivee electrics.   Does anyone else have an older
Larrivee electric?  

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

I have a black LT-1. A lot like the cream coloured on you show there. I lurve it. Matthew LarrivĂ©e called it hideous so I named it Hidecki the Hideous. The bird of prey headstocks grow on you.  :laughin:

Thanks for sharing that - interesting.  I knew Larrivee had made some of the Neal Schon signature model, but I didn't know these Kramers were made by Larrivee!

:nice guitar:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I too luv em gotta disagree with Matthew on his assessment of the RS4's from the 80's. Many were truly special. Maybe not in the league of today's RS 4 BUT very nice.

Here's mine:

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on May 04, 2010, 05:59:14 PM
I too luv em gotta disagree with Matthew on his assessment of the RS4's from the 80's. Many were truly special. Maybe not in the league of today's RS 4 BUT very nice.

Here's mine:

I agree.  I believe that alot of the 80's models were special indeed.  What model is yours?  Can we see the rest of it, especially the head stock?  Do you have any other info on it?

Mike
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!

Iroc Blue from 1987 is very fast to play

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Are those the stock pickups, and if so, what are they and how do they sound?

LOVE that bright blue color - can't miss it!  :nice guitar:

I also like the iroc blue color.  You definitely have a looker there.  I like the shark fin fret markers, they go well with the head stock shape.

Mike
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!

My LT-1. Fast little fracker! Hideous is as hideous does!

That pointy Larrivee headstock could actually grow on me...

>>shudders<<

Quote from: ducktrapper on May 05, 2010, 06:06:12 PM
My LT-1. Fast little fracker! Hideous is as hideous does!

Hideous?   I think it's purty. :nice guitar:

Mike
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!