HSC that will fit L-body

Started by alvinlam, May 03, 2010, 04:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just wondering if anybody here might know if there's any particular brand of HSC that will accommodate L-series guitar nicely?  Thanks  :donut :donut2 :coffee
Yamaha LL-16 12 strings
Yamaha LL-TA
Tanglewood TW-15 DLX
Alhambra 5PA-PT
Mcilroy A25

"He who thinks he has all the answers probably hasn't heard all the questions."

Did it not come with a case?

If you want to upgrade, why not just get in touch with Larrivee and get one of their archop cases for your L?  Solid!

Otherwise, they fit in just about any dread case.  I actually owned an L that was shipped to me in a dread case.

Quote from: Denis on May 03, 2010, 07:41:28 AM
Did it not come with a case?

If you want to upgrade, why not just get in touch with Larrivee and get one of their archop cases for your L?  Solid!

Otherwise, they fit in just about any dread case.  I actually owned an L that was shipped to me in a dread case.

Mine did come with OSHC. I was just wondering if other brand of HSC might be able to do the same job without the hassle of contacting Larrivee plus shipping etc.  HOw much does an upgrade cost anyway?

Was your L guitar a dreadful sight when you receive it in that dread case?  :humour:   Thanks
Yamaha LL-16 12 strings
Yamaha LL-TA
Tanglewood TW-15 DLX
Alhambra 5PA-PT
Mcilroy A25

"He who thinks he has all the answers probably hasn't heard all the questions."

Denis is right, virtually any dread case that allows for 16" lower bout will work.  Larri  bolsters their dread case for the L shape at the waist and upper bout.. You can do the same with towells, t-shirts etc. if you think it necessary.

I really like the deluxe Larrivee case.
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Keep an eye on eBay. I see them every now and then...
"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   2008 Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass

It will fit in a dread case but it's not a good fit. I had a similar problem. I tried for years to get a new case for my '75 L and all I could find were ill fitting dread cases, which I had already, so why buy a new one? I ended up with a case that was 100% duct tape! It wasn't until I got a real Larrivée case for it that I was satisfied. Then I got a top of the line L case for it when it went to Oxnard for repairs. The other case now houses my L-01 which only came with a gig bag. The duct tape eyesore is no more. Botton line? You won't be satisfied with less than a case that actually fits your guitar.

"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   2008 Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass

I switch my martin hd-28 and larrivee L-10 between whichever case is closest when I am ready to leave.  They both fit in either guitars case perfectly fine.

Quote from: Rockinrob86 on May 21, 2010, 10:09:43 AM
I switch my martin hd-28 and larrivee L-10 between whichever case is closest when I am ready to leave.  They both fit in either guitars case perfectly fine.

Having used a dread case for an L, I guess it depends on how you define "perfectly fine".