Parlor tuners......

Started by PCT57, May 31, 2010, 03:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

...........anyone changed the mini Ping machines or better still just the buttons on the latest batch of Parlors? I fancy something other than chrome.

Hope someone has experience of this and can comment    :smile:

I put Schallers on my P-03 and it made a HUGE difference.
A bunch of great guitars I don't deserve and a gaggle of fly rods.... Aint life grand?

I am keeping mine stock. The Pings work just fine, and the chrome goes well with the silver outline on mine.  If I find some other buttons I trust, I may someday change the look, but until one actually fails...

Getting replacement buttons for Ping mini's is a problem. I think that was what was on my Seagull Grand: I swapped the chromes for regular Ping ebony off my L-09 and they fit just fine. However, the Ping black ebonoid buttons are a weak point - where most of the complaints about Pings originated.

PS I have Gotoh 510 Delta's on my L-09. Gotoh 360 mini's on my Cargo, Schaller M-6 on my 00-3, and Ping Mini's on my P-09. They all work quite well and hold tune. All smooth and precise. There is a slight difference in feel, otherwise all just fine.
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Although I didn't like the Pings on my OM, on the parlor (P-01) they have been remarkably good. I opened the case after a long hiatus and the little thing was still in tune and ready to play. No issues so I don't really feel the need to change them.

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

No I dont think I will change the pings on my parlor just yet - just fiddling about with it really and I thought black buttons might look ok   :bgrin:

Might try these - scroll down to mini ebony buttons http://www.jhs.co.uk/grover.html - its worth a try for £10.00