Joe Bonamassa

Started by Wrangler, April 23, 2010, 10:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just got back from an outstanding concert. Joe did an acoustic number that was really cool. He is on top of his game singing and playing.
What a talent. And talk about energy.......... :nana_guitar

:+1: He's the boy, alright!
2007 Larrivée L-03R
2008 Tanglewood TW66
1992 Fenix D-90SR
2006 Fender American Telecaster
2007 Schecter C-1 Exotic Star (w/ Bare Knuckle Black Dog pups)
2003 Yamaha RGX420

I have been a fan of his for a couple of years, but just saw him last Friday for the first time. Phenomenal show! I'm also a Les Paul owner/player so i was definately in heaven...I lost count of how many LPs he played that night!
10' Martin D-18VS
67' Martin 0-16NY
10' Martin M-36
94' Martin HD-28
12' Martin 00-15M
04' Martin J-15
06' Gibson CJ-165 (Blonde maple)

Joe is an amazingly talented player and singer. 
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

Saw him Austin two years ago.  Man can he play.

I love that his blend of influences has really shaped him into a unique player. 
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Joe is at the top of the food chain and I mean literally "TOP 3 IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY" for playing
BLUES AND BLUES ROCK which is what his GENRE is! If you want to hear what this "Phenomenal
GUITARIST" can really deliver as a player go out and buy the DVD "Joe Bonamassa LIVE FROM THE
ROYAL ALBERT HALL"!

You will not hear a better guitarist and his voice perfectly compliments his incredible world class
playing! :beer

Actually I would go one better and say that JOE BONAMASSA and WARREN HAYNES are the
"DEFINITIVE BLUES AND BLUES ROCK PLAYERS"! Nuff said!! :thumb

Mac
Mac Baker

Ive been on a Bonamassa kick for quite a few weeks now, I love his electric and acoustic playing, he's one of the best talnts out there right now as far as Im concerned, plays with alot of heart and soul  :thumb
Jim

"I'm growin older,, but not up"  Jimmy Buffett

Larrivee L09 CE
Larrivee L-05
Epiphone 12 string '76
'01 Gibson SG Special
John Mayer Signature Fender Strat
Jimmie Vaughan Fender Strat
Epiphone Iommi SG
Ibanez Artist '82
Various other electronics and amps

Saw Joe live about four years ago here in Amarillo.  He's a very educated, highly technical player.  You can tell that he not only has natural talent, but he's studied and practiced A LOT.  He played Les Pauls for most of the show, but he busted out an ES-335 on "Asking Around for You" and I think it was a Strat or a Strat copy on "Django" if I remember correctly.  The highlight of the night was a drunk guy trying to get back in his seat with a fresh beer falling and spilling it on the woman next to him.  Unfortunately, her date didn't do anything.