Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tours of the Larrivee Oxnard Factory  (Read 1474 times)
kevos

Ignore
« on: April 23, 2010, 12:32:40 PM »

Hi I'm new here so maybe this has been answered before, but does Larrivee offer tours of their factories?  Living here in Southern Cal. Oxnard is just a couple of hours up the coast, so it would be a short road trip to go up, and hopefully, have a look at where some of these great guitars are born.
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 04:44:23 PM »

Hi I'm new here so maybe this has been answered before, but does Larrivee offer tours of their factories?  Living here in Southern Cal. Oxnard is just a couple of hours up the coast, so it would be a short road trip to go up, and hopefully, have a look at where some of these great guitars are born.

Yes...just email them in advance to set up a time.  I can tell you where to find their favorite donuts   
miral

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 02:54:34 PM »

The Larrivee factory tour on Youtube is good view if you can't go to the plant personally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQVEvJlTGaI

Larrivee L-03W
Gibson ES-135
Fender 68' MIJ Reissued Strat
Sigma Martin DM-3Y
billder99

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 11:18:47 AM »

Walkerman,

The donuts are a great tip! Where do I get em, and what kind? I will be going thru Oxnard on July 5th, and again on July 11th... the shop guys always appreciate a bit of recognition and thanks.

BD

Building beautiful custom homes in Baja, Mexico...
www.TCCLoreto.com
247hoopsfan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 09:51:52 PM »

Seeing the Oxnard factory where our guitars are created is a great experience.  If you are lucky, you will see Jean, Matt, and Wendy.....and a whole lot of great guitars too.

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
billder99

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 05:49:34 AM »

Thanks Hoops,

I am going to Oxnard primarily to compare several Larrivee models so I can decide which is best for me. I started a thread requesting memberr suggestions good Larrivee retailers ( http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=36837.msg335603#msg335603 ), but I realized I should first focus on what I want, second on who to buy from.

It is hard to choose from the Larrivee line... so many fine guitars! I prefer a medium body size, so I will be playing and listening to both L-bodies and OMs. I hope to find a very nice "all-around" steel string guitar to take back to my home in Mexico.

BD

Building beautiful custom homes in Baja, Mexico...
www.TCCLoreto.com
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 08:14:16 AM »

Hey BD -

I found very little actual opportunity to try out guitars at the factory (none, actually). Once they are finished, they get shipped out. They are not a dealer, and they do not carry inventory on hand for trying out. Plus, some are made in Vancouver, so those models would not be in Oxnard at all -

You may be much better served by going to a few dealers and trying what each of them has. I'd still recommend a tour - it's pretty cool to see how professional and efficient they are in the production process, and just how much hand-work goes int o each - but not as a chance to evaluate different models.

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 06:04:23 PM »

Walkerman,

The donuts are a great tip! Where do I get em, and what kind? I will be going thru Oxnard on July 5th, and again on July 11th... the shop guys always appreciate a bit of recognition and thanks.

BD

When you get to Oxnard, just google Masters donuts...CHOCOLATE...ummmm, was that subtle enough?
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 10:41:28 PM »

Thanks Hoops,

I am going to Oxnard primarily to compare several Larrivee models so I can decide which is best for me.  I prefer a medium body size, so I will be playing and listening to both L-bodies and OMs. I hope to find a very nice "all-around" steel string guitar to take back to my home in Mexico.

BD

Don't forget the 'ooo' too. The SD is not a large guitar either. Hope you enjoy the time.

OO-03R short scale
SD-03WL
LS-03R Forum III
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
Peace is a pipe dream worth fighting for
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: