Wow...ebony 00 On Fleabay!

Started by Dotneck, October 24, 2004, 04:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Player, it definately is a one of a kind guitar but just because it's made from Larrivee parts doesn't make it a Larrivee. What do you think really happened if that trash story isn't true? I'm just curious.
2005 Larrivée  LV-03
2010 Larrivée  00-03 Forum IV
2011 Larrivée  RS-04
2013 Larrivée  D-40

QuotePlayer, it definately is a one of a kind guitar but just because it's made from Larrivee parts doesn't make it a Larrivee. What do you think really happened if that trash story isn't true?

I agree.  This is not a Larrivee guitar if it was not made by the Larrivee company.

Also, Player, I'm not sure why you wouldn't believe the trash story.  It came from Matthew Larrivee himself.  I don't know Matthew personally, but I would think him to be a reliable source.
Jerry  #698

2001 Larrivee D-09
2001 Seagull M-6
1992 Alvarez 5040
c. 1995 Yamaha CG-150CA
1998 A&L Ami

Quotei had a good look at that ad and it seems like a good chance to get a one of kind guitar. using the name is a little iffy, but all in all it is a larrivee. i dont realy beleive the trash bin story.
All in all it is NOT a Larrivee.  You probably don't believe it because I'm guessing you're the person selling it.  Let's see:  Registered yesterday, only made 1 post (which was on a topic that was further down the page), basically calls Matthew Larrivee a liar (did the same thing in an email I sent asking about the guitar), has an IP address from a Canadian ISP (same as the seller in the auction).  Looks a little fishy to me.  If I'm wrong, I apologize, but I don't think I am.   :D

Did anyone else send an email to the seller?

Zach

Zach, what a good moderater you are!
we're going to start having to call you QuickDraw! :)  

I noticed that the auction was ended early because of "an error in the listing".

How shocking!

;)  
Phil

"History is something that never happened, written by someone who wasn't there."

R. Taylor Style 1 WR
Taylor T5-C Cocobolo
Taylor GS Custom
Taylor PG-LTD
Taylor 600-SPEC
Taylor 510-LTD
Taylor 510 Cocobolo
Taylor 412-M

QuoteI noticed that the auction was ended early because of "an error in the listing".

How shocking!

;)
Only to be relisted as a private auction....it's still up now.

Zach

$918, not a bad price for a fake guitar, is it?  :o  

You know, someone should probably tell the bidders. Someone is gonna get taken.  
Dave

Martin JC-16WE
Larrivee OM-03D
Walden C2010
Taylor GS-Mini Hog

I don't understand how someone could get away with this.  I realize that the wording of the ad was changed around slightly.  The body of the ad never actually says it's a Larrivee guitar.  But the headline/title still seems to say that.  If this isn't false advertising then, at the very least, it is extremely misleading.
Jerry  #698

2001 Larrivee D-09
2001 Seagull M-6
1992 Alvarez 5040
c. 1995 Yamaha CG-150CA
1998 A&L Ami

QuoteYou know, someone should probably tell the bidders. Someone is gonna get taken.
Exactly why the seller made it a private auction, so you can't see, or contact, the bidders.

Zach

Could (or should) someone notify E-Bay??
Jerry  #698

2001 Larrivee D-09
2001 Seagull M-6
1992 Alvarez 5040
c. 1995 Yamaha CG-150CA
1998 A&L Ami

Exactly why the seller made it a private auction, so you can't see, or contact, the bidders.
It does seem odd...but all of this seller's auctions are private. He changed it to a private auction after I retracted my bid. I don't have a problem buying a guitar that is a one off by a single luthier...in fact I've done it before. Perhaps the builder told him it was a Larrivee. Maybe it has a Larrivee sticker inside  (if it was built it while working at Larrivee). I don't htink its necessarily fraud...but it is misleading.

And its probably worth the price it will fetch at auction....(I still want to try an ebony guitar!!)

BTW...is anybody familiar with Dan Gladstone?
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

QuoteCould (or should) someone notify E-Bay??
I wouldn't think they would care...with all the outright fraud...(like the guy selling his VOTE!!) I wouldn't think they would get involved in this.  
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

QuoteI just wanted to pipe up and make mention that this is NOT a larrivee guitar. This is a guitar that was made by an ex Larrivee Employee out of pieces retrieved from the trash. The seller is falsely advertising this as a "Larrivee" Guitar.

Matthew
Kinda reminds me of an old Johnny Cash song... ;)

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

QuotePlayer, it definately is a one of a kind guitar but just because it's made from Larrivee parts doesn't make it a Larrivee. What do you think really happened if that trash story isn't true? I'm just curious.
what i think happend is the guy made the guitar while working at the company, you need alot of resources to make a guitar, not a pile of scrap lumber and a dream. there must have been a dispute to cause the end of the relationship, now like a girlfreind scorn "hey everybody, jeff has a small dick" its time to discredit dan gladstone(who i dont think is the seller). this is the most simple explanation, which is usualy the right one.

Quotei had a good look at that ad and it seems like a good chance to get a one of kind guitar. using the name is a little iffy, but all in all it is a larrivee. i dont realy beleive the trash bin story.
All in all it is NOT a Larrivee.  You probably don't believe it because I'm guessing you're the person selling it.  Let's see:  Registered yesterday, only made 1 post (which was on a topic that was further down the page), basically calls Matthew Larrivee a liar (did the same thing in an email I sent asking about the guitar), has an IP address from a Canadian ISP (same as the seller in the auction).  Looks a little fishy to me.  If I'm wrong, I apologize, but I don't think I am.   :D

Did anyone else send an email to the seller?
apology accepted.

QuotePlayer, it definately is a one of a kind guitar but just because it's made from Larrivee parts doesn't make it a Larrivee. What do you think really happened if that trash story isn't true? I'm just curious.
what i think happend is the guy made the guitar while working at the company, you need alot of resources to make a guitar, not a pile of scrap lumber and a dream. there must have been a dispute to cause the end of the relationship, now like a girlfreind scorn "hey everybody, jeff has a small dick" its time to discredit dan gladstone(who i dont think is the seller). this is the most simple explanation, which is usualy the right one.
This is almost the exact same thing the seller told me in an email.  Nice try.

Zach

QuoteThis is almost the exact same thing the seller told me in an email. Nice try.

Haha....You sure called this one, Zach. Good job on the moderating.

:D
2005 Larrivée  LV-03
2010 Larrivée  00-03 Forum IV
2011 Larrivée  RS-04
2013 Larrivée  D-40

i don't know much about e-bay but there must be a way to contact them to notify them this guitar is NOT a custom OO Larrivee as advertised.  i really would hate to see an unsuspecting buyer get burned by this person.  can someone who knows how to notify e-bay please do so?

Larrivee 0-09K Koa/sitka
Seagull S6+CW Folk
Goodall Parlor

I sent eBay a message on Monday, but didn't get a reply.

Zach