Wow...ebony 00 On Fleabay!

Started by Dotneck, October 24, 2004, 04:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Now that certainly is unique. A mahogany top with macassar ebony back/sides?? It sure is interesting, but man I'm don't know how in the heck that combo would sound.

I just wanted to pipe up and make mention that this is NOT a larrivee guitar. This is a guitar that was made by an ex Larrivee Employee out of pieces retrieved from the trash. The seller is falsely advertising this as a "Larrivee" Guitar.

Matthew

Thanks for the heads up Matthew...
Larrivee 00-70 
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

QuoteI just wanted to pipe up and make mention that this is NOT a larrivee guitar. This is a guitar that was made by an ex Larrivee Employee out of pieces retrieved from the trash. The seller is falsely advertising this as a "Larrivee" Guitar.

Matthew
I didn't figure you guys would ever build something that ugly! :lol:  
"I would never join a club that would allow me to be a member"
 Groucho Marx

Larrivee D-03 Blackwood w/ K&K Pure Western

LOL!!   :P

I have to admit I've alsays been intrigued by macassar ebony...
Larrivee 00-70 
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Hey....someday I think I'll put together a bunch of numbers I got outta the recycled paper bin and try to pass it off as my agency's new budget....just for kicks.  :lol:  
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.

that thing is pretty interesting looking though....i really wonder what that combo of woods sound like.

Yeah, that thing is really ugly.

QuoteI just wanted to pipe up and make mention that this is NOT a larrivee guitar. This is a guitar that was made by an ex Larrivee Employee out of pieces retrieved from the trash. The seller is falsely advertising this as a "Larrivee" Guitar.

Matthew

No wonder the seller made the bidding private.  
2005 Larrivée  LV-03
2010 Larrivée  00-03 Forum IV
2011 Larrivée  RS-04
2013 Larrivée  D-40

I looked at it quickly and the inlay at the bridge reminded me of skull and bones.  The perfect guitar for halloween!

Thanks Matthew!  
I was considering bidding on it - now I won't.  I wondered about that strange headstock inlay.
For all I know, it may be a fine guitar.  But it's not a Larrivee!  So I'll pass.
Dan
Larrivee LS-10 (sold)
Larrivee parlors - satin mahog. / FQMS Special Koa / FQMS Special Braz.
Everett Laurel Dread
Martin 000-28ECB (sold)
Kopp  419 cutaway
Kopp Betty Swing #1  (sold)
Kopp 000-18 style

Is it just my eyes, or is there no truss rod cover on the head stock? Do you think it has truss rods?

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

QuoteIs it just my eyes, or is there no truss rod cover on the head stock? Do you think it has truss rods?

Andy
I know this isn't a Larrivee but no Larrivees have truss rod covers. Do they?

QuoteIs it just my eyes, or is there no truss rod cover on the head stock? Do you think it has truss rods?

Andy
No.   :D  

Zach

Andy
No.   :D
Orsino's do.  B)  
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

Quotethat thing is pretty interesting looking though....i really wonder what that combo of woods sound like.
Me too. I own a dred with ebony back and sides....but it's not from a trash heap. I've never seen that combo before.  :huh:  
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.

Matthew
i'm first in line to raid Larrivee's trash bin! :D

Thanks for the heads up Mathew. :)

Larrivee 0-09K Koa/sitka
Seagull S6+CW Folk
Goodall Parlor

QuoteHey....someday I think I'll put together a bunch of numbers I got outta the recycled paper bin and try to pass it off as my agency's new budget....just for kicks.  :lol:
Presidents of the USA have been doing that for quite a number of years!

;)  
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

if it weren't for the weakly designed headstock (that's all i can think to call it), i don't think it's that ugly of a guitar. too bad it's being mis-represented. that headstock stinks! it would have been better with nothing on it.

i had a good look at that ad and it seems like a good chance to get a one of kind guitar. using the name is a little iffy, but all in all it is a larrivee. i dont realy beleive the trash bin story.