Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New rig review  (Read 581 times)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2010, 03:00:00 AM »

Finally put my new rig to the test.I'm using a Technical Pro powered PA with a 12 and a horn about 250 watts.I just got a Mackie 402 that has to mic lines and one 2 input channel.I run a mic to my Electric amp for #1,#2 gets my LS10 that came with a Fishman something or another that has a battery{I plan on replacing it with a passive I beam} and my MIDI into the #3 input.Since it has 2 outs I send the second out to the main PA.
Thursday we did an outdoor gig and it work just the way I wanted the band could hear me nicely and I felt very self contained.Last night {Friday} I played a bar gig in a duo format and just ran the LS10 into the mixer then to the powered cab.When the frontman started turning up{he was in the mains and I wasn't} it was a breeze to keep up with him with a very clean volumn.Its kinda nice to think after all these years I beleive and I could be wrong that I finally have the perfect setup for me.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
dberch
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 04:02:56 PM »

Thanks for the report, unclrob! That's awesome that you have a rig that works for you.  Let's hope it doesnt go south when you switch to the ibeam. I imagine the tone we be great but i'd worry about feedback at bar gigs.  Are you repacing the fishman or adding the ibeam to it?

So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 04:16:52 PM »

I'll be replacing the under the saddle with the Ibeam.I barrowed my old OM03BW which has a passive Ibeam in it and did a solo wedding gig this past weekend and had no problems.I also tested out my GHS mic mounted on the side of my OM03PA and this also had no problem.I did try the Bose system but just wasn't happy with the performance once I added all my crap but I will say that solo guitar work thru one was quite nice.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: