Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Macsmojado's Lefty Rootbeer RS-4!  (Read 3001 times)
macsmojado

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 01:21:06 AM »

Walkerman,

Yes indeed I am clear on what you were alluding to with your statement!Damn this top with the
ROOTBEER stain is just "PLAIN KILLING ME"! crying

Ha! Just kidding it is making me sit in my room and just stair  at it even after I have
played it and given it a "SPIT SHINE"!

The Larrivee HB's have the most incredible "Clean and Overdrive" tones and the Volume and
Tone pots are unlike anything I have ever experienced on any guitar! Their is a vast array of
tones to be had with rolling the V/T pots up or down with the 3 pickup positions! Alright!
I have already excessively "GUSHED" in this forum topic about my RS-4 so I better take a
chill pill!

Mac

Mac Baker
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 03:23:50 PM »

The Larrivee HB's have the most incredible "Clean and Overdrive" tones and the Volume and
Tone pots are unlike anything I have ever experienced on any guitar! Their is a vast array of
tones to be had with rolling the V/T pots up or down with the 3 pickup positions! Alright!
I have already excessively "GUSHED" in this forum topic about my RS-4 so I better take a
chill pill!

Mac

See...what did I tell you?! Amazing, huh?!  +1

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 12:27:19 AM »

Mac, you must really be enjoying your guitar, we haven't heard a peep out of you lately!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
macsmojado

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 05:13:11 AM »

Rev,

I went over to "THE GEAR PAGE" and posted some pics of my RS-4 for all those "BOUTIQUE SNOBS"
to see! But on a serious note their have been 37 Views and only 1 response! Of course
as you would expect they are all to proud of the other "SMALL BOUTIQUE LUTHIERS" guitars that
they paid an extra $1500-3000 for to comment about the RS-4! wacko

As expected the response was from a well known lefty at TGP!

It's worth signing in to read my comments! Go to the "THE SMALL COMPANY LUTHIERS" and look for
the title "LEFTY LARRIVEE RS-4 IN ROOTBEER"!  

Rev how do I get in touch with your personal e-mail! We need to talk "GUITAR SHOP"!

I am already figuring out how to come up with the BENJAMINS for either a GOLDTOP RS-4 with
some of them "TASTEY P-90's" of Matthew's or opt for the RS-2 in Amber with P-90's! drool

Oh another thing that has been overlooked on comments from current RS-4 owners is the
quality of the "FRETS" on the RS-4's! The frets on my RS-4 are the best playing and smoothest
I have ever seen or felt on any "ELECTRIC" I have owned!

Mac

Mac Baker
GoldTopsRock

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 01:01:28 PM »

Mac - how funny, you're thinkng of adding a GoldTop and I'm thinking of adding a RootBeer! ...... 
macsmojado

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 03:42:34 PM »

Yes "GoldTopRocks" I believe that everyone needs at least one "GOLDTOP" and a "ROOTBEER" to
go along with it or "VISA-VERSA"!

Their's something about a GOLDTOP finish with P-90's that takes us all back to the early
days of the Gibson LP's that were done with P-90's! I've had visions of a GOLDTOP LP
in my head for many years! But their's a new "TONE MACHINE" in the Boutique guitar
industry that will make you a GOLDTOP with HB's or P-90's!

The Rootbeer finish is reminiscent of the old VINTAGE VIOLINS! ME LIKEY VERY MUCH!

Its actually 2 different models!

A big THANKS sent out  to Jean,Matthew and the rest of the Larrivee Electric "BUILD TEAM"! bowdown

Mac

Mac Baker
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2010, 09:41:51 PM »

A big THANKS sent out  to Jean,Matthew and the rest of the Larrivee Electric "BUILD TEAM"! bowdown

Mac

+1

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: