Welp, I ordered another!

Started by fritferret, April 27, 2010, 05:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

got the ups notification!  i'm taking a half day at work tomorrow!!! :nana_guitar :nana_guitar

What happened! No GUITAR!! NO PICS! :mad:

Mac
Mac Baker

fritferret,

Did your RS-4 not show up Tuesday! :mad:

Mac
Mac Baker

:ohmy:

it arrived and is my favorite yet!  the finish is gorgeous, and matt's pups are the best i've heard.  i much prefers these to the lollars, and the lollars are great!  haven't posted pics yet, because all i've had access to is my cell photo camera.  will post pics this afternoon though!

Frit Ferret,

I sent you a message in response to your private message you sent me!

DID YOU GET IT?

Let me know! AND! UH! SEND SOME PICS OF THAT OLE AMBERBURST GEETAR
that you finally got from UPS!! :beer

Mac
Mac Baker

Quote from: macsmojado on June 18, 2010, 10:41:22 AM
SEND SOME PICS OF THAT OLE AMBERBURST GEETAR
that you finally got from UPS!!

:+1:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

fritferret,

Were are those pics you told me Friday when you got off work you were
gonna post some pics!

Is it so "GAWDY LOOKING" that you are ashamed of posting pictures
of it? :crying:

I was just "MESSIN" with you! We all know better cause we saw a picture
of the top already! :roll

Mac
Mac Baker

You know the old saying:

No pics, doesn't exist!  :humour:

I don't know what's up with FritFerret on not posting any pics of his RS-4! :whistling:

He sent me a picture last Friday asking me if I thought the bushings that are used on the
stop-tail piece looked like they were to high compared to the bridge! The picture he sent
was so out of focus you couldn't tell anything! But I told him that it wasn't unusual to
see LES PAUL's with the bushings a little higher than the brridge setting on other LES
PAULS! I also told him that I don't believe that MATTHEW would set the BUSHINGS where
they were unusally high as their setups are as good as I have seen on any BOUTIQUE
guitar especially our LEFTY's!

He said something about he sent a couple of pics to his "TECH" that he uses and his tech
told him that it probably was fine! I told him if it was really bothering him to send some
decent "DIGITAL PICS" to Matthew to let him take another look at his RS-4!

He's incognito obviously for some reason on posting some pics of his RS-4!  :ohmy:

I'm sure we will be seeing something of an update fairly soon! :guitar

Mac
Mac Baker

people!  my apologizes.  :crying:   i have been trying to get a new cord for a camera for weeks.  i've tried two, neither have worked.  a third is coming this week.  i posted pics below taken w/ a cell phone which doesn't really show the grain of the top.  it's gorgeous!  i'll post better pics once i get a cord that works for a high res camera.

i have another one coming, too, and in  a custom color--candy blue!  i promise to post pics asap.  should be ready in a month or two.  i'll take pics w/ whatever technology i have!

again, sorry folks, i was avoiding posting because i didn't want to keep making excuses.  so poor pics now, good one as soon as i can get a cable that works.

the guitar is great!  i was worried initially about the bushings, because they were higher than my other two rs-4s.  sent my tech some pics, he said theat it was probably fine, but ould tell for sure upon seeing it in person.  took to him, he said it was fine and common for guitar w/ this type of bridge.  he also said if it ever became a problem, it's an easy fix, so no worries.  i send mac a message rather than posting on the forum, because i didn't want to draw attetntion something that had more to do w/ my ocd than anything in reality.  i never sent matthew any pics my camera issues,  my tech put the matter to rest.  so instead, i sent matthew an email asking if he'd be open to doing a custom color.  he said sure, so i placed an order for a candy blue larrivee!  should be reday in a month or two, and i'll post pics asap w/ whatever technoogy i have at hand!

i have no question about larrivee quality control, and i want ot be clear about that.  my worries was more than in shipping something could have happened.  matthew and larrivee have never been anything other than great to me.  they make a great product (perfect for me!) and stand behind it.  and they ae responsive.  i'd say probably 95% of my messages to larrivee are answered the same day.  even little things like "loving the guitar, thanks for another great product!"

again, sorry everyone!  no intention to disappoint.....please forgive me!!!!!

Quote from: macsmojado on June 23, 2010, 11:31:32 PM
I don't know what's up with FritFerret on not posting any pics of his RS-4! :whistling:

He sent me a picture last Friday asking me if I thought the bushings that are used on the
stop-tail piece looked like they were to high compared to the bridge! The picture he sent
was so out of focus you couldn't tell anything! But I told him that it wasn't unusual to
see LES PAUL's with the bushings a little higher than the brridge setting on other LES
PAULS! I also told him that I don't believe that MATTHEW would set the BUSHINGS where
they were unusally high as their setups are as good as I have seen on any BOUTIQUE
guitar especially our LEFTY's!

He said something about he sent a couple of pics to his "TECH" that he uses and his tech
told him that it probably was fine! I told him if it was really bothering him to send some
decent "DIGITAL PICS" to Matthew to let him take another look at his RS-4!

He's incognito obviously for some reason on posting some pics of his RS-4!  :ohmy:

I'm sure we will be seeing something of an update fairly soon! :guitar

Mac

You still don't have your camera fixed. It's flopping the negative!  :roll

Would it be as pretty if it was "right side up"?

f
Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)

...because i'm a lefty, i get it, that's funny!  seriously, i went back up a look at the pics thinking something might be wrong with my cell camera, too!  i'm a dork!

the mystic is all in the leftiness!

Well I'll be darned if fritferret didn't get him a mighty "FINE LOOKING RS-4 THEIR"!! :thumb

That is a "SUPERB PIECE OF FLAMED MAPLE" and the AMBERBURST is a perfect match for it! :beer

Thanks for posting some pics fritferret! Can't wait to see you CANDY BLUE RS-4!I should have
my Translucent Amber RS-2 from Jerry Welch (Jerry's Lefty Guitars) by next Friday or Saturday!
:cheers

Mac
Mac Baker

fritferret...if you don't mind me asking...how did you get Candy Blue?  :?

BTW...your AmberBurst is amazing........ :thumb

i send matthew an email with a few color samples asking if he'd be open to taking a stab at it.  he said sure!  and get this:  he  sent me the first attempt at the color and he nailed it!  it's a pretty amazing color, in my opinion.  it's a solid and looks black dim light, deep blue it regular room light, and in direct light looks kind of blue-turquise (sp?).  there was a small upcharge, but completely worth it to have my own...um....signature model rs-4 (!).  or at least my own color.  i ordered it through dennis at adorindack guitars.  great guy, best person to work w/ in my opinion.  best prices anywhere (and i search to compare prices!) and treats you like a million bucks--or like you were spending a million bucks!

i'll post pics ASAP (probably still a month or so away).