Baggs iMix on OO-03?

Started by maLavvo, April 02, 2010, 10:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just want to get anyone's opinion regarding installing a pick-up on an OO-03.  As much as possible, I don't want to use the soundhole pick-up models like the M1.    I'm thinking the iMix Dual Source from LR Baggs, I believe this is the same model that they use for some "NO-CUT" Larrivee models. Also, had anyone here have experience installing this?   Or maybe you have a better reccomendation.

Any input on this is would be great. Thanks. :donut :coffee
"Larrivee, I'm lovin' it!"

I have never installed one myself, I don't think it is hard to do. Go to the websight and you will find instruction and diagrams. Personally, if I was to install, I would do it professionally, don't forget you will have to drill a bigger hole for the Jack and that is enough to make me very nervous.
Yes it is a undersaddle pickup
I just purchased a EMG-ACS soundhole pickup and that also need a bigger hole for the Jack, luckily I already had one.
cheers
fongie

Thanks Fongie.  You're right, not only drilling a big (1/4") hole for the jack, also installing under the saddle, need to drill something there according to the manual. 
Hmmm, let me think about it.  There are couple of Sam Ash's and Guitar Centers by my area (NJ), but not really got a chance to see how good the techs in there are.  I'll stop by one afternoon and will see if I can talk to their techs to get an idea how good they are.

Thanks again.   :beer

Many people here like the K & K pickup and preamp. I played a couple of concerts over the weekend, and  a number of people, including the soundman, asked what system I was using to make my guitar sound so good. I told them all that it was the person playing. He he he.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Yes Malovvo, Carruths right, check out the K&K pickup and how to install. The tread is being discussed on 'Larrivee guitars' under 'K&K install in L-03R'
cheers
fongie

Thanks for the suggestions Carruth and Fongie - I'll check it out!

:beer