Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New L05E Owner questions  (Read 656 times)
JZavorski

Ignore
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:17:42 AM »

Hello everyone, I am a new L05E owner and really appreciate finding this forum. I have a few newbie questions for y'all after reading the warranty card from Larrivee.

• Should the soundboard have slight ridges in it? I lightly run my finger nail across the soundboard and can feel ridges. Or should the sound board be smooth as glass?
  • Should the soundboard be slightly convex?
cke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 02:31:37 AM »

welcome   nice guitar

Answer is yes to both.
Thin finish is desirable. The top and back should be slightly convex. If concave the guitar is too dry.

Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 06:42:05 AM »

welcome   nice guitar

Answer is yes to both.
Thin finish is desirable. The top and back should be slightly convex. If concave the guitar is too dry.

+1 your L-05 is just fine with ridges and a belly - that is an awesome guitar too.

welcome JZ, if you drop by a bakery post us some donuts will ya? (read forum rules)  they look and taste like these...

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
JZavorski

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 12:16:40 PM »

Thanks very much,  you guys deserve coffee and donuts .....     bigrin
JZavorski

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 12:34:19 PM »

Ok, so this brings up additional questions concerning my new guitar...

After reading the Larrivee Warranty Card, I am not sure how concerned I should be about temperature and humidity in my house. (I live in Atlanta)

Is the idea to avoid extremes in temperature and humidity and follow common sense guidelines, .... - or -

Do I need to create an acclimatized room with temperature and humidity controls to store my guitar?

Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 06:11:09 PM »

Ok, so this brings up additional questions concerning my new guitar...

After reading the Larrivee Warranty Card, I am not sure how concerned I should be about temperature and humidity in my house. (I live in Atlanta)

Is the idea to avoid extremes in temperature and humidity and follow common sense guidelines, .... - or -

Do I need to create an acclimatized room with temperature and humidity controls to store my guitar?

Thanks for the donuts!

If the climate and more specific the temperature changes rapidly and significantly then I would suggest climate control. Regardless though it is always good to keep it in the case to act as a buffer against sudden changes. When the air is relatively dry (40% or less) at room temp, a sound hole humidifier should supply ample moisture. If you get occasional high humidity (60% or more), keep it on a stand and well ventilated.
Check the Larrivee web-site for FAQ as well - they have very good knowledge of keeping your L-05 a happy guitar!! - oh and play it often (but I guess you do that any way) 

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: