Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Macsmojado's Lefty Rootbeer RS-4!  (Read 2817 times)
macsmojado

Ignore
« on: March 24, 2010, 09:39:17 PM »

I have tried unsucessfully to download these pics right into the forum webpage with no luck!

If someone can assist my I would like to upload them directly to the Forum here but my
photo software won't let me resize them without buying a paid version of Photoshop!

My RS-4 is at "Jerry's Lefty Guitars" (Sarasota,FL) as we speak but will be headed to me in Tuscaloosa
today or tomorrow! drool

I have them at Picasa on my online web photo page so here are links to them:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/5U3FUfcM-Ir_X05ZMpdt7w?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/t5-UKLegcyh8GRCcp1BnRg?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/53PQ9nXXcPZjmMcka5K4fA?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZVnS7yqRnlTIhPXO1aUMQA?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/SQKK0t9RDch0JTRNYSrhpA?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/KWiryO8vVzg4fGf7kxDobg?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/M9wLbUCBrcVvtm8eLPTECA?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/6IdTaRM0orbhXqAYmGAR1w?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DWBaM7Gy4yA-EGWvhuoENQ?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Qfyknp_JfuuUAbLNE3hWDg?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/4N1ATlR5IvYwdZUJRyr9sA?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Rmkr0sb7LEAqTaIMSxWprw?feat=directlink

I gotta say the top exceeded my expectations even with the early pics that Matthew sent me!

Hope it works for everyone to see these pics that has been questioning whether they go
with the ROOTBEER finish or opt for one of the other colors!I am elated that I chose to go
with the ROOTBEER finish even though all the colors are great!

Mac

Mac Baker
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 10:02:23 PM »

Not sure how your photo server works but if you upload your photos to "photobucket.com" you can just copy the img code to your post here.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
SouthpawGuy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 10:17:38 PM »

Here you go ... here's a few of them

macsmojado

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 10:27:17 PM »

Way to go SOUTHPAW! Thanks! Here's a donut and coffee for your efforts!

I believe it is safe to say that these pics are definitely "INSTANT G.A.S."!

You might as well post the rest of those from my Picasa Web Photo page!
 nice guitar

Mac

Mac Baker
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 10:34:09 PM »

Absolutely gorgeous Macs! I might have gotten the root beer if it had have been available. My amber RS-4 will have to do ...  for now.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 02:49:38 AM »

"Now I ask you very confidentially; Ain't she sweet?!"  drool

Super nice, Mac, and wait until you PLAY her!!!   

It's very strange to see another lefty rootbeer, with a slightly different grain in the top! It looks like yours has less "rootbeer" on the edges than mine, but it just might be the photos. Either way, she's perfect, man!

Just a pic or two for comparison's sake (sorry, my pics aren't as good as Jerry's - too grainy looking: the flame goes all the way to the edges):

[attachment deleted by admin]

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
macsmojado

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 03:22:36 AM »

Hey Rev,

What you said about their being less of the Dark Rootbeer around the edges is correct! I was
hoping that it wouldn't be quite as dark as yours or the other Rootbeer finishes that I had
seen on the internet! Certainly not saying that I wouldn't have been happy with the edges
being a little darker but you gotta admit that it allows you to see the flame all the way out
to the edges all the way around the body!Your RS-4 is certainly not to "SHABBY AT ALL" if I
say so myself! nice guitar

Generally speaking I feel comfortable saying that overall the "Rootbeer" stain/finish has
a richness and vibrant color that you just don't quite get in the other more traditional
or standard finishes like the tobacco burst,charcoal burst and cherry sunburst!

I am experiencing a serious case of "Delirious Tremors" wacko waiting to get this
"AMAZING GUITAR" in my possession! It's looking like a maybe on getting it this
"Saturday" and probably more like Monday next week!

I'll be posting my take on my RS-4 shortly after I have had a few days of playing it!

Hope these pics induced "MAJOR G.A.S." pains for several potential RS-4 buyers!

Mac

Mac Baker
teacycle

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 06:24:14 AM »

Very nice indeed. I am sure you will enjoy the guitar as much as the rest of us.

Cheers, Steve
macsmojado

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 02:50:11 AM »

teacycle,

Are you saying that you have an RS-4 as well or that you are getting one possibly,
if not it would appear that your comment is a little cut against
my excitement about my RS-4 and posting the pictures of it for others to see!

If I'm wrong please excuse my oversight!

Mac

Mac Baker
teacycle

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 05:04:24 AM »

Sorry mac, yer wrong brother. I have a TB RS-4. Love this guitar and it will never leave the family, (my son likes it so I told him it's his when I'm done with it).
Hope you enjoy yours as much as the rest of us RS-4 owners enjoy ours.

Cheers, Steve
GoldTopsRock

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 01:41:53 PM »

What a beautiful guitar! Larrivee sets the standard for quality instruments IMHO. Enjoy your new RS4! I have enjoyed every minute with my GoldTop. It will always be part of the family now and the next generation. nice guitar
macsmojado

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 02:24:03 PM »

Thanks Teacycle and Goldtopsrock for the reinforcement of your pleasure of owning
an RS-4!

I sincerely hope that this guitar is the one that finally gives me so much joy and
pleasure playing and owning it that the thought of trading or selling it never crosses
my mind! I have traded off far to many "Stellar Guitars" over the past 20 years! wacko

Mac

Mac Baker
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 10:51:09 PM »

Thanks Teacycle and Goldtopsrock for the reinforcement of your pleasure of owning
an RS-4!

I sincerely hope that this guitar is the one that finally gives me so much joy and
pleasure playing and owning it that the thought of trading or selling it never crosses
my mind! I have traded off far to many "Stellar Guitars" over the past 20 years! wacko

Mac

Mac,

I can only tell you that every time I play my RS-4 I know I made the right decision to buy it...I haven't had one twinge of buyer's remorse...and like you, I've been through a lot of guitars!

The sweetness of the tones this thing is capable of are truly amazing; these guitars (and the Larrivee pickups) have that special "it" that we're all looking for.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
macsmojado

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 03:25:47 AM »

Rev,

That is "SWEET MUSIC" to my ears for sure!
Man it looks like its gonna be next week before Jerry ships my RS-4
to me here in Tuscaloosa,AL! crying

I am really looking so forward to pulling that "ROOTBEER" out of the case and plugging
it into my Bogner Mojado!

Mac

Mac Baker
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 03:52:43 AM »

WELL...

...you must have it by now, right?

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
macsmojado

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 05:53:00 AM »

REV-

I have this saying when I am excited and giddy and I don't know where it came from but it has stuck with me
for several years now!

"Lord Have Mercy on Will Ray Kersey" cause this "ROOTBEER RS-4" is TOTALLY SICK! wacko

I got it today when I got home and I was completely "STUNNED" when I opened the case! drool

This top is "HYPNOTIZING" it is so GORGEOUS!I almost had to  crying! Everyone that is even remotely
considering an RS-4 or RS-2 get your benjamins out and THROW THEM DOWN on one of these
"AMAZING GUITARS"! From the words of the wise "REV" a.k.a., "Mikeymac":

Mac,

I can only tell you that every time I play my RS-4 I know I made the right decision to buy it...I haven't had one twinge of buyer's remorse...and like you, I've been through a lot of guitars!

The sweetness of the tones this thing is capable of are truly amazing; these guitars (and the Larrivee pickups) have that special "it" that we're all looking for.

He absolutely nailed it with what he said above! People you can take it to the "PROVERBIAL BANK"!
I am "BEYOND AMAZED" with my ROOTBEER RS-4! Everything about this guitar "OOZES" impeccable
build,fit and finish!The tone of the Custom Larrivee HB's is just "OFF THE FOOD CHAIN" and when
you see how responsive they are going from "CLEAN TO OVERDRIVEN" you will really appreciate
Matthew's extreme dedication to the design and build of these Humbuckers! I know firsthand how
good the Lollar Imperial Humbuckers are that Jean and Matt started off with when they first released
the RS-4!I gotta tell you the Larrivee Humbuckers deliver a "BIG FAT CLEAN ARTICULATE" tone that
must be heard to be appreciated and when you start adding gain to these pickups they really come
to life! I am "100%" completely sold on the Larrivee HB's and I would not hesitate to compare these
to the "BEST OF THE BEST BOUTIQUE BUILT PAF HUMBUCKERS"!

I want to thank Jean,Matthew and the other 4 or 5 Larrivee employees that make up the "BUILD
TEAM" for the RS-4 and RS-2's! I am "GIDDY LIKE I HAVE NEVER BEEN" with the purchase of my
ROOTBEER RS-4! I don't care what anybody says in regards to the somewhat "OFF-CHARACTER"
shape of the RS-4 body! To my eyes it is "AWESOME" and the "TUMMY CUT" puts it so far ahead
of a LES PAUL its not even in the ballpark of the "COMFORT LEVEL" that the RS-4 delivers!The
"Compounded Radius" on the RS-4 is "wonderful"! I instantly loved the neck within 5 minutes of
playing the RS-4!

I am going to "PLAY,PLAY,PLAY and PLAY"
this guitar tomorrow! I got 2 solid hours on it tonight for the first "TEST DRIVE" on it!

A special thanks to the REV,TEACYCLE,DUCKTRAPPER,GOLDTOPSROCK and JOYCEfromNS for all your
"POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT" with owning your RS-4's and giving me the confidence and desire to
purchase what is arguably the "FINEST ELECTRIC GUITAR" that I have ever owned! nice guitar

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING FOR NOW!

Mac

Mac Baker
teacycle

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 06:05:06 AM »

Ummmm........don't take this the wrong way. I'm happy for you but now, like myself, you're going to start thinking about buying another one. Congrats on the guitar. I know you will love it for a long time. I still look at mine with pride when I see the detail these folks put into the instrutments they build.

Cheers, Steve
GoldTopsRock

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 01:29:05 PM »

Mac - you truly have a spectacular looking RootBeer RS4. Enjoy it! It is a lifetime guitar. I will never part with my GoldTop RS4. However, like others on this forum, ir will most likely have some RS companions to keep it company while I'm at work setting aside for my Larrivee RS wishlist. 
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 01:40:29 PM »

HEY MAC,

TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL!!!   bowdown

Just teasin'!

Nice guitar, huh?!

+1

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 11:03:42 PM »

Hey Rev,

What you said about their being less of the Dark Rootbeer around the edges is correct! I was
hoping that it wouldn't be quite as dark as yours or the other Rootbeer finishes that I had
seen on the internet! Certainly not saying that I wouldn't have been happy with the edges
being a little darker but you gotta admit that it allows you to see the flame all the way out
to the edges all the way around the body!Your RS-4 is certainly not to "SHABBY AT ALL" if I
say so myself! nice guitar

That's what I was alluding to when I said that because yours was intended to be an amber top, it had flames all the way to the edge. Now you see what I meant. nice guitar

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: