How do you handle your G.A.S. attacks?

Started by Danny K, March 23, 2010, 01:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I understand why many of us have more than one guitar.  My latest guitar (2004), a Larrivee LV-03RE is in many way the nicest guitar I've ever had,  BUT!  There are some things, at times I wish were different, so I understand the need for more than one guitar.  Unfortunately there are also some things I always wish were different, so I guess I'm still guitar fishing-but I'll never be able to spend what the LV went for.     How do you handle your G.A.S. attacks? :nana_guitar

EASILY!!

Having just gotten over a nasty case of hand/wrist tendonitis along with irritating a relatively minor case of Basal/Thumb arthritis,and having gotten a shot of cortisone yesterday(which should knock this "all" out...finally) I have come to realize......

Playing a guitar is a gift that many folks take for granted!!...Be happy with owning a nice guitar,and playing it at your leisure. :smile:

I own 4 fabulous acoustic guitars,but not being able to dig in has been amazingly annoying.I've played only 45 minutes a day,while working with a hand therapist(done with that finally).....I hope to be fully recovered(whew) in about three weeks,and should be 100%.

TRUST ME......I'M OVER GAS!! :winkin:

I open my wallet and ask the spiders if there is any thing in there.Most of the time theres nothing.Right now I'm GASing for a GOOD 4 channal mixer and maybe a BoseL1 with a sub. :?
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on March 23, 2010, 04:00:37 PM
I open my wallet and ask the spiders if there is any thing in there.Most of the time theres nothing.
Yep! :+1:

I make an exhaustive search of everything I can find. Nice thing, I rarely find anything I want instead of what I have. Bad thing, I start thinking I have a real use for something new. I'm back on the hunt for a parlor/00 player - need it to learn to play slide on. 

See how that works? :arrow :wacko:
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

If I see something that catches my eye, read more about it, then search for one, my GAS will be solved. Somehow. I have come to the conclusion in life that my "toys" I own (material things, not musical) don't give me the same enjoyment as playing a guitar. Have to weigh priorities, though. If I can swing it, I find things to sell. And try to keep my wife happy @ the same time? Juggling act!
   Mark, hope your hand heals quickly. Know how much you enjoy playing. Have been told many times how being able to play guitar is a gift. One we take for granted.
   Rob, ask that guy on your business site with the red hat for the Bose system. HE can make that happen. Just believe! For the other stuff, might have to have a tag sale. With some electrics? :bgrin:
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

I always say "this will be my last" or "enough is enough", BUT!!! something nice pops up again and again and again and again. And as of tomorrow cross my fingers AGAIN!! These G.A.S attacks will give you a heart attack  :whistling: Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it, I can never take them with me if and when I depart this world, so whats the answer, go figure it out
cheers
fongie

Much the same way I would handle an attack from Mike Tyson.
Fall to my knees,scream like a 6 year old school girl,and give up.
"There is no cure" my friend.
Gibson J-45 TV
Martin D-18
Martin OM-21

Quote from: L05HD28 on March 23, 2010, 07:12:38 PM
Much the same way I would handle an attack from Mike Tyson.
Fall to my knees,scream like a 6 year old school girl,and give up.
"There is no cure" my friend.
:roll

WARNING------WARNING------WARNING.........enabler entering this thread.

Chris you want a cool slide guitar check out some of the archtops that are out there they make great slide guitars.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Co-pilot me!  :arrow What brands, etc? :drool: :cheers
Chris
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Theres some small body Gretsch's out there.There are some acoustic epiphone's and Godin.Oddly enough I use my old Gibson L7.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on March 23, 2010, 10:08:35 PM
Theres some small body Gretsch's out there.There are some acoustic epiphone's and Godin.Oddly enough I use my old Gibson L7.

The first guitar I have a memory of was my Dad's Gretch archtop f-hole sunburst. He traded it for the Goya and I never played it. I don't think he remembers what it was, but, it's makes me nostalgic. If they can be found reasonably cheap...
Chris
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

I tell my wife to go mad with the credit card.      Just joking.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

So how good is a Gretsch G-100 and what's a good price?
Chris
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

I'm having a major GAS attack right now! I'm going to have to sell one of my guitars, or two, to get what I want, when I see it!  :crying:

One of my guitars, the nut is too wide for me; the other I would like a smaller body size; the one that I travel with has an Ovation type back material, but everything else fits great; but I want wood!

I would love an all Koa, top and sides; OM size electric/acoustic, or a tad smaller. Or, a tobacco burst finish top, open to back/sides. I'm also a fan of some bling! Love the Abalone!

Having country roots, I like the look of the Gibson small jumbo's. But they have a different sound output than my Taylor or Larrivee. But I'd love to have one to add to my 'stable' as you guys put it!

Being on this forum, I just got to have a another Larrivee! When will it end?   :? I do know the answer to that!

:donut2 :coffee

'10 Taylor GS Mini
'10 Taylor Spring LTD Koa 12-Fret

I've heard only good things about these guitars.Haven't had a chance to play onr yet.They retail neww for around $700 so use about 2/3 to 1/2 of that.I'll try to get over to guitars stupid central Thursday>If they have one I get you a review.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

I fart as quietly as possible and then try to get to a different aisle before anyone realizes it was me........................

Seriously, how do I handle a GAS attack?  Hum, let's see...

Let's look at some of the GAS attacks of the past 3 years...

First I get an OM-03RW then an L-03

Then I get this...
Hogtop Charlotte Forum I OM-03MT

Then I sell these...

And I get this...

Then is sell it and get this...
D-03

Then I get this...
000-15s

Then this...
LS-09FM

Then sell that and get this...
D-15s

AND Then there's this place...
good thing I only visit Houston and don't live there!

Then there's these...

Then this...

and this...
1950's 00 Vintage slothead

and this is in the making...
Green Mountain SD Walnut

I think I'm handling GAS attacks pretty well! How 'bout you?
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Hey Bluesman,

You just helped me understand that I've had GAS for years! I've had many nice guitars over the years, but always find something nicer. My husband always says, "What's your problem? There's nothing wrong with the guitar you've got!" I say, "I know, but I like this one too, or better!"  The finances kind of slow me down a bit, but I'm still playing the game!  :bgrin:

:donut2 :coffee

Caro
'10 Taylor GS Mini
'10 Taylor Spring LTD Koa 12-Fret