Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baggs Para Acoustic DI or Venue or Radial PZ Pre or anything else?  (Read 4525 times)
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2010, 07:03:18 AM »

If one decides on an electronics "gigging system" forward, would it be advisable to have all future guitars furnished with passive (pick-up only) systems, and then  use them with a Pre-amp/DI like Baggs' Para Acoustic DI or their latest model the "Venue"?
That way one won't need to worry about batteries dying on you inside the guitar. What other advantages (if any) would such an approach hold? I'm thinking of having an I-beam only installed in my new custom OM, and then buying either of the two pre-amp/DI's mentioned above.

I need your expert advise please.  

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 12:49:10 PM »

I prefer passive,I don't like batteries inside guitars they always seem to die at the wrong time.I'm building a multi input pedal so I can have 4 acoustic plugged into it with 1 output which will go to a preamp{not sure which one yet but more then likely a Baggs} which will go to an amp or straight to the PA.I'm using a mounted mic on my guitars.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 01:09:07 PM »

+1 can we name it the "big band pedal" then Rob?  bigrin

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 03:45:22 PM »

If you wish.I plan on making two,one for my acoustic's and one for my electric.4 inputs each with a kill switch for each line in.This way I can keep 4 guitars plugged in,turn on only the one I need to use.No switching out cords.I'm also considering making it wireless.

I think the penguine's are loose now............... wacko

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 02:04:46 AM »

I use an LR Baggs Passive M1 along with the LR Baggs Venue DI.  It is a great combo!   
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 10:55:45 AM »

Got myself an Ultrasound Ultra PDI. Got it for a great price.

The guys at the 12th Fret like it:

http://www.12fret.com/new/Ultrasound_Ultra_PDI.html

Michael T
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 11:25:10 AM »

ANY passive system will benitfit from a preamp, most of which will also bring you into line level and have a phase switch built in effectively a DI too. I only switch between 2 guitars so the cable switch works well for me in as much as I have the same K & K's in both and just run to the XLR preamp then out,  but where you may have multiple systems on several guitars a board would certainly be handy. Lots of cables though, can I ask why you don't just use the switchable cables, there are several on the market now?

1 cable with a kill switch, instead of many cables with a kill switch on a board, makes for a lot less to lug around, and every time a connector is added you are interupting the chain.

" Planet Waves' Circuit Breaker™ Gold Instrument/Guitar Cables
Planet Waves' Circuit Breaker™ cables have a built-in mute switch to save your equipment from loud pops and squeals when you change guitars with a live amp. Making on-stage guitar changes a snap. 24k Gold plated plugs for extra-clear signal. Patented compression springs ensure positive connection."

Just 1 of several available. (I happen to use this one, works well).

[attachment deleted by admin]

08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 01:48:35 PM »

I don't use the cable because sometime's....ok.......most of the time I don't have enough time to unplug and switch.With the pedal I'm making its faster to have all plugged and ready.I also make my own cords at odd lenths.I also got the Para-acoustic-DI.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: