Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bass players here!!!  (Read 5637 times)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 03:20:32 PM »

Ron check out the Dean Markly they may have what you need.Also an old trick that I've used is to pull the strings thru a cloth with a drop of 3in1 oil,this will clean them and add some life.I've been thinking of putting a set of the tapewound's on my Guild.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
NotRevGDavis

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 10:06:17 PM »

Started on a Cello in elementary school played Bass in a post punk band in the 1980's did a few gigs with an electric blues band after. Bought a '73 Fender(CBS) Jazz natural in '81 from a pawn shop for $200.00 still my main Bass  I have a '84 Ibanez Roadstar P-Bass that I rarely see- I lend it to people who are interested in learning.

The Dude abides.

dgrose

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 03:10:14 PM »

I have played bass since 1969 Owned all sorts of bass's just wondering if any of you also play bass.Right now I've only got one bass left and I still gig on it.Guild Starfire with a replaced pickup.
I've owned and played a number of basses over the years, whenever I needed one to play in a band. In each case I sold the instrument when I no longer needed it.
My first was in 1967, a MIJ Canora copy of a Beatle bass. These days I have a Spector 5-string and an Ibanez 5-string fretless.

I love playing bass because it's so conceptually different from how I approach the guitar.

dg

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2010, 10:17:31 PM »

I have a bass. I only play it when I'm recording something by myself. Never underestimate the value of a GOOD bass player.  They are rare and make a huge difference.

Amen to that. I have a couple basses, but that is the reason I tell people I play AT the bass...

...but it's a lot of fun, as someone said:
I love playing bass because it's so conceptually different from how I approach the guitar.

My basses are (both lefty) a MIK Peavey with a single active pickup, and a Rogue copy of Paul's Hofner (very nice; built before they switched to a different builder and went cheap).

[attachment deleted by admin]

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
tribus

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 03:46:52 PM »

I enjoy playing bass enough to record an entire cd featuring this instrument. Not bad for a one man band.          Carlos Soto.    Tribal Behavior.
CZERO9RW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 09:39:39 PM »

Bass was my primary instrument when I played for a living. It was definitely the easiest instrument for finding a gig.

Every time I've tried to remember how many I've owned I usually land some where between 60-70 (memory dependent random number!  wacko )

Here are pics of a few that are still in the stable:

My custom Keith Roscoe 6-stringers (fretted/fretless);

and my current workhorse, a 2006 Lakland Daryl Jones 5-string Jazz;

I ceased hauling my uprights around years ago, thanks to Steve Azola and his awesome EUB's

This was my first one;

...and last, but not least, my Azola 5-string floating top EUB;

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: