Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee Electrics In For The Long Haul  (Read 1230 times)
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« on: March 11, 2010, 09:42:08 PM »

With the recent release of the RS 2 to complement the RS 4 and Larrivee's statement that they are in Electrics for the Long Haul Is nice to hear and something that current RS 4 owners surmised due to the inherent quality of the RS 4 and the Electric In House Pickups. Something this good is not a test the waters fly by night endeavour.

The Forum Mods obviously recognizing both it's quality and now diversification with another model the RS 2 are staying ahead of the curve by giving Electrics it's own category on this Forum.

I bet more models will follow as Larrivee seem to have all the pieces of the puzzle

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
jbrummer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 11:47:15 PM »

Man oh man, I don't know why I keep hanging around here and then complaining (at least to myself) about GAS attacks.  What with Forum IV's and new electrics, and special run walnut guitars . . . looks like I better find another job!

". . . if I only had a brain . . ."

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 10:43:55 PM »

Man oh man, I don't know why I keep hanging around here and then complaining (at least to myself) about GAS attacks.  What with Forum IV's and new electrics, and special run walnut guitars . . . looks like I better find another job!

You and me both, man!!!

If Larrivee is in electrics for the long haul, then I'm going to continue being a Larrivee customer - on both sides of the aisle. I started with my first Larrivee acoustic in '92, am waiting for a Forum IV, and got my first electric (RS-4 Rootbeer) in December last year.  Looking forward to an RS-2, then we'll have to see where Larrivee goes from there.  (There are more acoustics on the radar down the road, too...)

Just an observation: Larrivee got back into electrics right as the economy tanked...and the demand for acoustics in general tanked as well. I guess if there's one bright side to this economic downturn, it's that it finally (I suspect) pushed Larrivee back in to the electric market.  Maybe they have been working on the electric idea for four years, but it's good timing in any case, good times or bad, because it gives them a wider base to sell to (like mandolins).

Let's hope they stay with it permanently this time, and don't stop making electrics when the demand for acoustics goes up again!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: