New Larrivee Electric Guitars Released

Started by guitarcrazy, March 10, 2010, 06:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: cke on May 02, 2010, 02:00:56 PM
(shudder) Unspeakable!! They took my larrivee's away and made me play  - TAYLORS!!! :wacko:

Now THAT'S hideous, cruel and unusual punishment! How did your ears stand it?

:humour:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 02, 2010, 02:10:13 PM
Now THAT'S hideous, cruel and unusual punishment! How did your ears stand it?

:humour:
"Day by Day I am getting better"

I still have a twitch though. Makes me pick up one of my Larrivee's - Actually now that I think of it, not such a bad result.
:roll :wave
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Quote from: cke on May 02, 2010, 02:00:56 PM
(shudder) Unspeakable!! They took my larrivee's away and made me play  - TAYLORS!!! :wacko:

The Taylor Electric??? Anybody know the market status of that? It certainly paled one on one for me with the RS4
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Okay Peeps,

I received this e-mail from Matthew today:

Hi Mac,

I'm sorry for no responding. We have been working hard on the RS-2's so our time is limited L<

The first right RS-2's are shipping and the lefties will start shipping in about 1 week. I'll be gluing the necks on the first batch tomorrow afternoon. I took some pictures a week ago but forgot to offload them. They are on my camera at home.

matthew

That's all folks! Looks like the righty's beat us out of the starting gates "FELLOW LEFTIES"!! :crying:

Mac Baker

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on May 02, 2010, 09:18:03 PM
The Taylor Electric??? Anybody know the market status of that? It certainly paled one on one for me with the RS4

I've only ever played with one of the Taylor electrics - it had their mini humbucker style pickups on it, I think. Played with it through a nice tube amp, and, while the guitar was well built, the tone was nothing special...pretty ho-hum, to my ears. I'll stick with my Larrivee/s and my Warmoth builds.

Quote from: macsmojado on May 02, 2010, 09:21:25 PM

That's all folks! Looks like the righty's beat us out of the starting gates "FELLOW LEFTIES"!! :crying:

Not surprising that they'd make a batch (or three) of righties first...it's just good to know some lefties are in process, and we may actually get to see some factory pics as well!

:+1:

Guitar adoptions has a couple right-handed RS-2's in stock!!! They're the humbucker models, but it's good to see some "out there" finally! Their price on these are REALLY GOOD!!! (Put it in "the cart" to get his "below MAP" price.)

I am in no way affiliated with GA, other than as a former satisfied customer...

Here's a couple pics:

[attachment deleted by admin]

This Forum certainly causes a great deal of GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The RS2 look real nice  a truly  :nice guitar:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on May 04, 2010, 06:03:14 PM
This Forum certainly causes a great deal of GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The RS2 look real nice  a truly  :nice guitar:

No kidding! Having finally seen some pics, I sent a down payment to Jerry at Jerry's Lefty Guitars today!   :arrow

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 04, 2010, 06:14:02 PM
No kidding! Having finally seen some pics, I sent a down payment to Jerry at Jerry's Lefty Guitars today!   :arrow

Hopefully the lefty will be in your hands before summer. Looking forward to your first hand impressions Rev

Jerry's has also received a couple of the new Collings P-90 guitars in lefty...they look nice, but they're also more than double the price of the Larrivees! One is around $2300; the other (with a lefty Bigsby) is around $2450 (these are street price; the Larrivee should be around $1,100-1,200 street, from what I've seen already). 

I'm thinking the Larrivees will be a smokin' deal in comparison! (Not knocking the Collings - wouldn't mind having one; but I don't think the Larrivees will be lacking anything in comparison.)

I guess Larrivee just isn't charging enough ... but I'm not gonna tell 'em that!

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 12, 2010, 02:53:55 PM

I guess Larrivee just isn't charging enough ... but I'm not gonna tell 'em that!

In comparison to everyone else this statement is sooo true

Got this in an e-mail today from Jerry at Jerry's Lefty Guitars:

"Larrivee says I should have the first of them next week ( I guess we will see next week)."

So, we'll see what comes in first...  :arrow

(Not bad, really; this thread was just started with the announcement of these new guitars on March 10th, just over 2 months ago. And at first we didn't even know P-90s would be available.)

SWEET!! :thumb

Have a cold one on me! ICE-TEA or ROOTBEER! Ha! :cheers

Mac
Mac Baker

I suspect one of the reasons it's taking so long to get OUR/MY RS-2s done (I say "my" because I have put down a serious deposit on one) is because some of the Larrivee folks have been out on the road doing guitar shows, with Chicago being the most recent.  Maybe when that's over, production will pick up again?

I'm trying to be patient...waiting, waiting, waiting...  :wacko:

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 20, 2010, 12:32:28 PM
some of the Larrivee folks have been out on the road doing guitar shows, with Chicago being the most recent. 

Anyone make it to the Chicago show or was everyone too busy watching the Blackhawks :?

Okay RS-4 and RS-2 ADDICTS! I gotta a surprise for everyone!

AMBER IS ADDICTIVE! :drool:
MAHOGANY IS SWEET! :wacko:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mac Baker

:blush:   oh my oh my oh my

REV,

In case you didn't notice over on the table in the pics is a LEFTY BODY IN TRANSLUCENT CHERRY I
BELIEVE! It might be the TOBACCO! :nana_guitar

Look at the pics of the RS-2 BODIES on the FLOOR! :thumb

Mac
Mac Baker

that looks like heaven!  beautiful pics!

That one piece body is AMAZING!!! Can't wait to see these in person!  :arrow

Thanks for sharing pics! 

Gotta say, I'm a little jealous though (Matthew!); where are the pics of my lefty cherry RS-2 P-90???