New Larrivee Electric Guitars Released

Started by guitarcrazy, March 10, 2010, 06:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anybody got one of these babies or got one on order??
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on April 10, 2010, 04:48:05 PM
Anybody got one of these babies or got one on order??

I sent an e-mail to Jerry's Lefty Guitars ... he has 2-3 lefties coming in in the next week or two. Told him I'm very interested, and want to see pics of the individual guitars before I commit on color (he's got an amber and cherry P-90 on order, plus possibly one more P-90, and one humbucker version, too).

I'll let you know when I hear something...but I'm pretty serious about putting one on layaway - then you have 3 months to pay for it. Don't know MAP or anything yet.

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I'm holding out for an RS-4 in spalted maple, with gold hardware (p/us included) and a Bigsby whammy bar.......

Maybe a trip to Yarnell Place with 2 doz. Masters do-nuts is in order   :beer

Quote from: Walkerman on April 14, 2010, 02:35:13 PM
I'm holding out for an RS-4 in spalted maple, with gold hardware (p/us included) and a Bigsby whammy bar.......

That spalted top will make it pricey, but if that's what you want, go ahead and ask!  :thumb

Larrivee seems pretty willing to try options on these, so even the Bigsby might get approval.

Quote from: Walkerman on April 14, 2010, 02:35:13 PM

Maybe a trip to Yarnell Place with 2 doz. Masters do-nuts is in order   :beer

Walkerman if anyone can get this over-the-top RS4 it would be you based on your enviable guitar collection. Keep us posted on your progress!!!

Take one of these with you from me  :donut  :donut2  as I can't wait to see it once your getter!!!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Rev,

I hate to drop this on you and I hope you recuperate but the Amber RS-2 with P-90's that
Jerry's has coming in was requested by me! I've already made arrangements to have her
residing at home with that "OLE ROOTBEER RS-4" I got a few weeks ago! :tongue: :beer

Jerry's got 2 more with P-90's in the "Translucent Cherry and Tobacco" coming and he has one
of the RS-2's coming with the HB's!

Matthew called  me Sunday and told me he was sending me pictures of the Amber RS-2 that they had
just finished painting it and I believe the other Lefty RS-2's that were in this first "BUILD" run! :nana_guitar

Mac
Mac Baker

Quote from: macsmojado on April 14, 2010, 11:55:16 PM

Matthew called  me Sunday and told me he was sending me pictures of the Amber RS-2 that they had
just finished painting it and I believe the other Lefty RS-2's that were in this first "BUILD" run! :nana_guitar

Mac

You'd better post pics (from Matthew) as soon as you get 'em! Inquiring minds (and voyueristic eyes) want to know!!!

That's okay; I'll take cherry or tobacco, too! I'm not picky!

Thanks for being "Cool and Understanding" Rev on the Amber RS-2 cause its gonna be
an "EYE-POPPER" for sure! But I bet the "Translucent Tobacco" is gonna look way cool
and with those "Creme Covers" on the P-90's it could give the Amber a "Real Run" for
its money! :drool:

I will post pics "ASAP" for sure! :beer

Cheers to everyone and here's something for your "SWEET TOOTH"!! :donut :donut2

Mac
Mac Baker

When I got my rootbeer burst, I was ready to go with the traditional 3-color tobacco burst, or even a charcoal burst (which has opaque black back and neck). I wasn't picky (the only one I don't like is good ol' cherry burst!), and I don't have my heart set on any one particular color/shade of RS-2 now...I know they're all going to be great guitars, so I'm just excited that there are some lefties with P-90's in production already!  :thumbsup

This has been quite the year for Larrivees at my house, the RS-4, a Forum IV 00-03 coming in the next week or two, and likely the RS-2 before long...

...but I held off for many, many years after getting my first in '92; my next one (for me) wasn't until 2003 (L-09, later sold), then 2007 (D-03R), now all these new ones!  :arrow

I hear you REV! I have purchased more guitars in the last year than I ever have
at any time as well! I got a new amp the other day and it is truly a "SWISS ARMY
KNIFE AMP" all wrapped up in the coolest oversized lunchbox head that you will
ever see!

It is the Mesa Boogie Transatlantic T15! It has 2 separate channels (channel 1 has
a British Clean and a Top-BOOST mode for 2 different voicings and channel 2 has
3 voicings in American Clean,H1-Tweed/Marshall Crunch and H2 is Boogie high gain
lead)!

This amp isn't much bigger than an oversized LUNCHBOX but it delivers more flexibility
and tones than I have seen in any dual channel amp in a longtime! Oh Yeah! I
almost left out the most important features on the amp: It has 5/15/25 watt
settings on both channels and I am here to tell you it absolutely romps in the 15 and
25 watt settings! Channels are footswitchable so footswitch is included as well as
the coolest "SOFT GIG BAG" that nestles this diminuitive 12 lb. tone machine!

You haven't seen a cooler looking amp anywhere! I promise! Here is the link to
Mesa's website for you to read all about the TRANSATLANTIC! It is absolutely
giggable in the 25 watt mode and for extremely small clubs I believe the 15 watt
setting would easily get the job done! The 5 watt setting is purely for nightime
playing at home/bedroom levels!

Introductory price is $899! A lot of "GREAT TONES" packed into an amp that you
can take anywhere with you and instantly have multiple tones at 3 power settings
all footswitchable! :beer

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Transatlantic/transatlantic-TA-15.html

Mac
Mac Baker

I've been reading about the Transatlantic, sounds very cool, and has lots of features at an amazing price (for a Boogie).

I'm not real big on Boogie's signature "saturated" tone...does this sound different than the typical Boogie tone? (The only Boogies I've really liked in the past were the Maverick, the Blue Angel and the Subway Blues.)

Thanks for the review.

Rev,

How coincedental is that! I owned a Subway Blues 1X12 Combo and a Maverick 2X12 combo
several years back! Both were really "NICE SOUNDING" amps and I sorely miss both of them!
The BlUE ANGEL was also a killer amp for playing "BLUES,BLUES ROCK and CLASSIC ROCK"!

The H2 setting on channel 2 is not the typical "RECTIFIER" heavy crunch that you are thinking
about! It is more on the smoother side "BOOGIE OVERDRIVE" think Carlos Santana with your
RS-4!

Rev definitely go and audition this "KILLER LIL 12 LB. BOOGIE"! It will really change your mind
about what a small 2 channel amp can deliver with cleverly voiced settings like the British Clean
and TOP-Boost modes in channel 1 and the American Fender Clean,H1 and H2 settings on
channel 2!

If you play this amp spend some time with it and pay particular attention to the BASS and TREBLE
controls as they are very responsive and make a huge difference in the tone of the Transatlantic
especially when you are playing on the higher gain channels in channel 2 as well as the TOP-BOOST
setting on channel 1 or when you have the gain controls kicked on up on any setting!

You gotta hear the 15 watt mode with the TOP-BOOST voicing engaged on Channel 1! It is
"Inspiring" and really nails the sound of an AC15 with the TOP-BOOST engaged with a STRAT
or TELE! :bowdown:

I gotta tell you my RS-4 is "SYRUPY SWEET" through the "LIL BOOGIE"! Take yours with you if
you are going to go play the TRANSATLANTIC! :guitar

Mac

Mac Baker

There's a Mesa dealer in town, and they're having a storewide sale on April 24th ... be interesting to see if they'll make any deals on one of these...either way, I will go try it out...and show off my RS-4 (these guys aren't the Larrivee dealer in town!).

Rev,

I seriously doubt their will be any reduction on the TA-15 given that all the
BOOGIE dealers are selling them as soon as they come in the door! The
amp just started hitting the dealers a little over a month ago!

Definitely let us know what your impressions are with the TA-15 after you
play through it next Saturday! :guitar

Mac
Mac Baker

UPDATE:

Nothing to report... :angry:

Got an e-mail from Jerry at Jerry's Lefty Guitars yesterday - he contacted Larrivee Friday and is still waiting for an ETA from Larrivee on the lefty RS-2s ... anyone seen any right-handed ones out there?

I've got money burning a hole in my pocket just waiting for one of these!  I have about half of the MAP price on hand, so it will go on layaway until I can scratch up the rest ... but I'm getting antsy! I almost blew some of this $$ on something else last week! Whew, that was close!  Then I came to my senses and said, "Brand X, or Larrivee?" And clearly, Larrivee was the superior choice by every measure ... including price in this case!

:arrow << me going crazy with GAS!!!

Rev,

EXCESSIVE GAS CAN CAUSE SEVERE FLATULENCE IF GAS ISN"T RELIEVED IN A TIMELY MANNER!
:roll

Haven't heard a word from Matthew on any pics or ETA of the RS-2's! :mad:

Hang in their Rev!

Mac
Mac Baker

I do know they exist! I saw them being made. Just before they took me up into their spacecraft...
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Quote from: macsmojado on May 01, 2010, 09:08:38 PM
Rev,

EXCESSIVE GAS CAN CAUSE SEVERE FLATULENCE IF GAS ISN"T RELIEVED IN A TIMELY MANNER!
:roll

Haven't heard a word from Matthew on any pics or ETA of the RS-2's! :mad:   Hang in their Rev!   Mac

I'm sure we'll both hear something from Jerry as soon as he hears something from Larrivee!  But I'm getting a twitch waiting!

Quote from: cke on May 01, 2010, 09:23:11 PM
I do know they exist! I saw them being made. Just before they took me up into their spacecraft...

Too funny!!! What kind of "experiments" did they do on you?   :roll

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 01, 2010, 10:53:33 PM
I'm sure we'll both hear something from Jerry as soon as he hears something from Larrivee!  But I'm getting a twitch waiting!

Too funny!!! What kind of "experiments" did they do on you?   :roll
(shudder) Unspeakable!! They took my larrivee's away and made me play  - TAYLORS!!! :wacko:
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden