L.r. Baggs M1 & Para Acoustic D.i.

Started by poki, October 20, 2004, 03:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LR Baggs M-1 pickup installed in my OM-09

LR Baggs Para Acoustic D.I. w/ Headroom Max Amp and Sennheiser HD-600 Headphones.

Just received these two units from Dave at Guitar Adoptions.  There is an excellent review in the current APM Online Mag of both the M-1 Pickup and the Para Acoustic D.I and orsino already has a fine recording using the M1 in another thread so i won't go into any detail on the use of the two units.  In any case i'm not nearly experienced or competent enough to do an adequate review other than to say both units work very well and are relatively simple for a novice to set up and use and the M1 is extremely quiet compared to my Dean Markely Promag Plus pickup which produces too much hum to make it worthwhile for anything useful.

Just a few notes on the Headroom Max Headphone amp/pre-amp that i have the PADI and M-1 hooked up to.  The Max is a high end headphone amp which allow for high fidelity headphone listening, in this case using the very fine Sennheiser HD-600 headphone.  The Max also has a crossfeed circuit that mixes left and right channels to a degree at the same time tweaking the timing of the crossfed signal to simulate a natural sound field.  The Max also has outputs that i have hooked up to the computers Line-In to so the guitar can be played through the comp speakers or the headphone or even both at the same time and allows the guitar to be recorded on the comp.  i've started using Audacity to make recordings and DBpowerAMP to covert to MP3 though my playing skills aren't up to the task for much and i still have a lot to learn in adjusting the various controls on the PADI and M1 to get best results out of them.

Larrivee 0-09K Koa/sitka
Seagull S6+CW Folk
Goodall Parlor

Sure that isn't a "Max Headroom" Amp? :P
Ian (in Cedar Creek, TX)
1974 Eko Ranger VI
2002 Larrivee LV10E
2007 McIlroy A25C

"When you're tired, and can't do anything, don't do anything. And while you're not doing anything, practice" - Robert Fripp

way to go Poki, sounds like you like the M1 and looks like your learning some interesting new skills. gotta be fun. keep us updated on what you are doing.