Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: String tension  (Read 525 times)
mixxa82

Ignore
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:26:11 PM »

Hi folks!

If using the same gauges I have noticed that John Pearse strings have very low tension compared to for example D'addarios. I'm looking for strings that would have more tension than Pearses but less than D'addarios. Has anyone experienced that types of strings? I wouldn't like to try set by set if you had some good choices. I use 0.12-0.53 (0.54) and PB and also prefer non-coated strings.

-Mika-
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 08:57:28 PM »

Mika your at the spot you want be be.The next lowest is ernie ball and Dean Markley are the same as the D'addarios.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
RoundLakeDT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 12:21:52 AM »

It may be the feel of the string, not just the tension.  For instance I've been using Martin FX strings for a while now... these supposedly have a thinner core wire than typical strings of the same gauge (offset with thicker wrap wire, I expect), and they do feel more flexible than usual Light's.  According to Martin the tension is the same as their other light's, but they do feel easier to bend

Might be that the Pearse strings have a different core, which feels like lighter tension whether or not it really is

Unfortunately I can't suggest anything to switch to based on tension alone

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: