Larrivee Guitar Case for the RS-4's!

Started by macsmojado, March 01, 2010, 11:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well Fellow RS-4 Owners! Whadda Ya Think??? :nice guitar:

I am going to say this is the "PRETTIEST COLOR AND TOP" that I have seen or owned
in my "GUITAR ARSENAL" by a landslide!! :beer

A big "HATS OFF" to Matt,Jean and the rest of the Larrivee Crew!

Mac
Mac Baker

C H O I C E !!
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Anyone know who the Larrivee Finisher is doing the painting :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

JOYCEfromNS,

I don't know but It sure looks like he's painted a few guitars to me! :nice guitar:

Thought everyone might want to see what a Matt Larrivee Custom wound Humbucker
looks like just for the record!

Mac

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mac Baker

Quote from: macsmojado on March 03, 2010, 08:05:08 PM
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

Didn't I tell you that you were getting a killer piece of flamed maple.....dam&...straight, horizontal flames all the way to the edge.  Trust me...walkerman knows wood.....

Root Beer... love the finish, hate the drink.
OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78

WOW!!! What can I say? It's beautiful. I want it! I'm saving my $$$ in hopes of adding a "RootBeer" later this year to keep my "GoldTop" company. My "GoldTop" has the Lollar pups and I'd like to add an RS4 with the Larrivee pups. (At least that's what I tell my wife ....  :roll)

Gold ya gotta consider a P90 also :roll
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

walkerman,

I gotta give you props on telling me that the "Maple Top" on my RS-4 body was a
"Killer Flamed Piece" when you saw the "Raw Body and Top" when they were
cutting it out! But I had no idea that it was going to be such a "STUNNING PIECE"
of wood especially after the Rootbeer Stain and Poly was added to it! :donut :coffee

for Walkerman cause he dang sure knows his "WOODS"!! :thumb

Man I am going to load up on "GAS-X" with all this "G.A.S." that I am going to be
suffering from for a couple of weeks till I get that "Purty RS-4"!

Mac

Mac Baker

Oh man.....you're gonna love it. My next RS-4,(if I can swing it),will be a P90 Goldtop.

...and did you all notice that looooong neck channel in those pics, for the extra long neck tenon on these!?

P.S. My next one will be P-90's on a Tobacco Sunburst...very traditional looking. (Right after I finish paying for my Forum IV!)
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I found a nice photo from their facebook page showing some nice RS4's

[attachment deleted by admin]
FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

Nice pic!

Check it out - several with P-90's, and the two at left in front look like they have open coil humbucker pickups - what's up with THAT?!?!?  :arrow

More sleuthing to do...

Nice Pic  those two on the left are they all Mahog  :?  :?  :?

Also just noticed - the two in front on the left have DOTS on the fingerboard - NOT abalone blocks with triangle inlays...

...so possibly all hog with open coil pups also makes sense - a "budget" RS-4 - but where are these? HOW MUCH are they? Was this a test run for a dealer? Anyone seen these online somewhere?

Any dealers want to chime in and tell us about these two mystery guitars?

Quote from: Mikeymac on March 04, 2010, 07:40:13 PM
Also just noticed - the two in front on the left have DOTS on the fingerboard - NOT abalone blocks with triangle inlays...

...so possibly all hog with open coil pups also makes sense - a "budget" RS-4 - but where are these? HOW MUCH are they? Was this a test run for a dealer? Anyone seen these online somewhere?

Any dealers want to chime in and tell us about these two mystery guitars?

( :drool: Finally exhaling)  I saw these new ones at my factory tour. I know nothing about the pricing, but indeed, lower cost  solid hog electrics
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden