What Larrivee do I have ?

Started by xeroid, February 27, 2010, 11:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have what looks to be one of the very first parlour guitars from Larrivee ...... there is no model number on the Label or on the block ... there is only a serial number on the block  094305  and the Label just says John Larrivee Guitars Vancouver BC Canada.

What do I have ... how old?

http://www.larrivee.com/obtainManufactureDate.php

"To obtain your guitar's manufacturing date, please E-mail the following information to info@larrivee.com with the subject line "Obtain A Manufacturing Date":
- Name
- E-mail Adress
- Model Number
- Serial Number
Do to high volume of request, serial number inquiries take up to three weeks to process.   "

Be patient!
08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

What does it look like?

Finish?
Binding?
Wood
- Back and Sides

Also you can see Larrivée Serial Numbers

Quote from: ST on February 27, 2010, 12:47:04 PM
What does it look like?

Finish?
Binding?
Wood
- Back and Sides

Also you can see Larrivée Serial Numbers
Certainly looks like an early Parlour ... spruce top, mahogany back, sides and neck, ebony finger board, headstock, NO binding at all, No model number anywhere

It sounds like you have a P-01. There was a model number they used prior to using the P-01 designation but the number escapes me at the moment. The fact that there are no bindings leads me to believe this. Post some pictures so we can confirm for sure.

I have seen the earliest parlors called a "Cherub" and possibly 01.

The earliest Parlors had no model number they were just  "Parlor" guitars.  The 1st 500 had a 1 11/16" neck.  Later on larrivee gave these a model number of 0-01, some time later they changed the designation to P-01, along with the wider 1 3/4" neck.

This is what the early ones looked like:

Quote from: xeroid on February 27, 2010, 11:51:16 AM
I have what looks to be one of the very first parlour guitars from Larrivee ...... there is no model number on the Label or on the block ... there is only a serial number on the block  094305  and the Label just says John Larrivee Guitars Vancouver BC Canada.

What do I have ... how old?

Your description matches an early parlor, but that serial number doesn't seem right.

Typically, that 09 would indicate the series, and the 4305 would be the serial number suggesting a late 1980's build date.

A serial number of 94305 would suggest a 2006-ish build date, which was after the no-bling parlors were discontinued.

The "John Larrivee" guitar label would date it well before 1980, I think.

Very weird.
Gits: 2004 P-01K, 2005 OM-03MT
Uke: Kala KA-ASKS with Larrivee Flamed Koa
Chops: fingerstyle noob

Some Pics please, sure would make the mystery a little easier
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

QuoteThe "John Larrivee" guitar label would date it well before 1980, I think.

It would if it said "Victoria".  But "Vancouver" would place it much later.  The Victoria labels were used into the mid '80's.
Best from  Canada - Larrivee! 79 L-72 Presentation / 82 L28 cutaway, Best from the USA - A bunch of Martins

Picture

[attachment deleted by admin]

Picture

Picture

Picture

X, you can post up to 4 pics per post, as long as they're all under 100kb. All of yours are a hair over 100, so can fit 2 per post. Just a little info to help. Try them @ 640x480, crop them, then you can fit all on one. Not that it really matters, just for future reference? :wave
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Definitely looks like a circa-2000 P-01 to me.

The first two digits of the serial number do look like "09," but is there a chance they are "03?"   That would make more sense.

In any case, I would send an email to Larrivee.
Gits: 2004 P-01K, 2005 OM-03MT
Uke: Kala KA-ASKS with Larrivee Flamed Koa
Chops: fingerstyle noob

Looks like a Cherub.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: gitnoob on February 28, 2010, 03:00:20 PM
Definitely looks like a circa-2000 P-01 to me.

The first two digits of the serial number do look like "09," but is there a chance they are "03?"   That would make more sense.

In any case, I would send an email to Larrivee.
The number actually begins with 09 and not 03  ......  I've sent off an email to Larrivee.