Will cause debates
0 (0%)
I just play em
1 (6.3%)
leave us alone Danny
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: March 10, 2010, 02:08:38 PM

When Roger posted his TIP about a K and K installation problem on the Forum III and offered the solution I considered that it might be a good thing to have these TIPS available for easier access. Sometimes it's hard to dig in the threads and find any help.
 All of us could offer what we have found to be a helpful item and if it needs some critique due to an unforeseen problem arising then forum members with more experience ie. unclrob, Jim holler and anyone who's got some further insight could offer that knowledge or experience up.
 Like the "tuners" and which ones fit what models from which provider and on and on. Tad did a lot of legwork on that one. If someone asked that question on this thread we could link them to his posts.

OK, at the very least you get to vote #5 "leave us alone Danny"  :winkin:

I like the idea, Danny. You and others are a tremendous source of wisdom on the care and feeding of guitars.

My only concern is I don't see how to keep the posts organized or indexed. Like the 'Luthier' thread, there is great info, but one has to read it all to find the one item one wants. Otherwise  :thumb :+1: and  :bowdown:
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Quote from: cke on February 24, 2010, 02:12:51 PM
I like the idea, Danny. You and others are a tremendous source of wisdom on the care and feeding of guitars.

My only concern is I don't see how to keep the posts organized or indexed. Like the 'Luthier' thread, there is great info, but one has to read it all to find the one item one wants. Otherwise  :thumb :+1: and  :bowdown:
Well we could monitor the thread and someone who asks about a specific item can be linked to it by a member who knows where it is. Or copy and paste here. If there is a better way then I'm for that as well. But I know this would be helpful to me at times.

Since we can only vote once I decided not to vote but list the things that I would vote for if I could vote for more then one.OK say that ten times fast......

This would be useful------Yep

Will cause debate ----Ok I'm not suredebate is the right word but again YEP

Leave us alone Danny ------ only because it would be fun {can't wait to see the results on this one} :winkin:

On a side note I'm note sure I am as verse as some of the other members in these area's. :wave
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on February 24, 2010, 02:18:19 PM
Since we can only vote once I decided not to vote but list the things that I would vote for if I could vote for more then one.OK say that ten times fast......

You can vote as many times as you want, I allowed the vote to be changed.

Do you think this would be useful Rob?

Please read above your post as I have modified my first responce.

You can only vote once,I tried.

I'm sure it would be useful but as you know its a strange world out there and any advice I offer could be used against me in a court of law if the user f**k's up there guitar.For that matter according to a low life lawyer friend of mine has said that with all the info out there he's suprised that info sites don't have a disclsimer to protect themselfs as he's foot stompin sure that he could win a suite against anyone of the sites.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: cke on February 24, 2010, 02:12:51 PM

It would be better as a subforum so people could search though titles. One long Tips thread would be a mess. If it were in a child board like the FAQ is but we could add,modify and delete posts it might work well.

Quote from: unclrob on February 24, 2010, 02:18:19 PM

This would be useful------Yep

Will cause debate ----Ok I'm not suredebate is the right word but again YEP

Leave us alone Danny ------ only because it would be fun {can't wait to see the results on this one} :winkin:

On a side note I'm note sure I am as verse as some of the other members in these area's. :wave

I agree it will cause a lot of "DEBATE" - given that this is the Larrivee Forum :roll

Actually there is usually several ways to approach a problem and hearing of the differing solutions is helpful to me.

Quote from: jeremy3220 on February 24, 2010, 02:28:26 PM
It would be better as a subforum so people could search though titles. One long Tips thread would be a mess. If it were in a child board like the FAQ is but we could add,modify and delete posts it might work well.
:+1:
Chris
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Quote "Actually there is usually several ways to approach a problem and hearing of the differing solutions is helpful to me."

Yes if it could be keep civil but as you said

"I agree it will cause a lot of "DEBATE" - given that this is the Larrivee Forum"

I'm not sure it can be.Plus you need to have a better understanding of what your doing and weather the poster has an understanding or if there typing out of there arse and are just know it alls who have never done but they know best.

If you leave to what tuners are drop ins,where to get a precut fit bone saddle/nut but direct repair technic's thats a mind field in my book.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on February 24, 2010, 02:24:55 PM
Please read above your post as I have modified my first responce.

You can only vote once,I tried.

I'm sure it would be useful but as you know its a strange world out there and any advice I offer could be used against me in a court of law if the user f**k's up there guitar.For that matter according to a low life lawyer friend of mine has said that with all the info out there he's suprised that info sites don't have a disclsimer to protect themselfs as he's foot stompin sure that he could win a suite against anyone of the sites.
Well I set it up to allow for votes to be changed. And it seems I can't change it back now either.
           I do get the point about lawyers and all but we all offer suggestions all the time and yours have been a great help to me.       
           And I for one would never sue you. In fact I have never and never intend to sue anyone over anything. But you are a professional and I know that makes you a target. My A/C business was included in a lawsuit last year , just because the name of my business was close to the company they wanted to sue. (Am I spelling sue right, it looks weird) Anyway I had never done business in El Paso so it got dropped but it took a lot of time to get it dropped.

Man I've been breathing poly urethane and my heads spinning. See there is a good tip. Use a finish that doesn't destroy brain cells :+1:

I usually just use the search button. It does get a bit involved but the members here are pretty helpful when I can't find what I am looking for , or narrow it down with the right wording. It's kind of like repetitive questions, string threads etc. it's always fun to see what's the kick of the day.
08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

Read the can you need a well vented room when using it. :wave

:humour:
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: jeremy3220 on February 24, 2010, 02:28:26 PM
I agree to a sub-forum. If we can't add one maybe we can change the name of one that's already there. Like "Other Guitars", what other guitars?  :humour:
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: unclrob on February 24, 2010, 02:36:43 PM
Quote "Actually there is usually several ways to approach a problem and hearing of the differing solutions is helpful to me."

Yes if it could be keep civil but as you said

"I agree it will cause a lot of "DEBATE" - given that this is the Larrivee Forum"

I'm not sure it can be.Plus you need to have a better understanding of what your doing and weather the poster has an understanding or if there typing out of there arse and are just know it alls who have never done but they know best.

If you leave to what tuners are drop ins,where to get a precut fit bone saddle/nut but direct repair technic's thats a mind field in my book.

Wow, this and the 'lawyer' point are things I hadn't thought of.   I did use the Forum to glean advise about tuners and saddles and adjusting the action. I had to sift through some dreck to find the good advise, but that seemed easy enough to do.

I don't see myself doing real repairs or refinishing anytime soon; that's what a luthier/tech is for as far as I am concerned. But I get those who have the desire and those who want to learn the  skills , it's very cool.

Real food for thought, Unclrob. BTW you are one of the people (like Danny) that I have come to trust on tech advise :bowdown:
Chris
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Quote from: dependan on February 24, 2010, 02:44:56 PM

Man I've been breathing poly urethane and my heads spinning. See there is a good tip. Use a finish that doesn't destroy brain cells :+1:

Or a respirator.
Roger

Chris thanks for thr trust.As it say's in my signiture you can always call me and I should add PM me to that.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Chris, I am not in unclrob's league.  I just enjoy what I'm doing. (Most of the time)

Ah, you all's modesty is commendable. But for me, I'm an ant looking up to a couple of elephants! :roll
Chris
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Quote from: cke on February 24, 2010, 03:07:09 PM
Ah, you all's modesty is commendable. But for me, I'm an ant looking up to a couple of elephants! :roll

Are you making fun of people with weight problems?
Roger

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on February 24, 2010, 03:21:20 PM
Are you making fun of people with weight problems?
Errr, ummmm.... No No, I meant to spell giraffes, yeah that's it, I meant giraffes, just misspelled it, yeah that's it .... :roll 
(if you could only see my size!)
Chris
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden