Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee Forum Guitars  (Read 23484 times)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2012, 08:39:45 PM »

Larrivee Guitar Forum=Guitar Center     I'm either confused or offended. At my age probably just bewildered blush

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2012, 01:09:31 PM »

Hello Larrivites       Ain't it time for a new Forum Acoustic

that does seem to be the best way to pump some life into the forum...

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2012, 03:56:15 AM »

I owned and wish I still did an OM03/12 Great guitar.I have owned a D12-20 and it also was a great guitar.I have also owned dreads,jumbo's and "L" body 12 strings all wonderful guitars.If I had the money I'd love to own a 12 fret 12 string my main choice's being an OM or an L.As for volumn for me its not all that important but tone including overtone's are what make me buy a 12 string.Right now I'm using a Seagul S12 which is a dread with a cedar top nice guitar not a bad guitar.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
dream deferred

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2013, 05:56:05 PM »

newbie donuts

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2013, 06:03:26 PM »

newbie donuts

Howdy, thanks for the grub.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
ffinke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2013, 06:39:44 PM »

newbie donuts

Howdy noob! After 10 posts you can PM but after 21 you can "PARTY" 

Welcome aboard,
f

Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2013, 09:02:18 PM »

Welcome dream deferred.   glad to have you here.   However, I should point out that you've made the same mistake other newcomers have made.  I refer you to post #1 in this thread. 
The topic is Larrivee Forum Guitars.   Forum Guitars are special runs of particular models which have been spearheaded by members of the forum and the Larrivee family has been kind enough to build for us.   There have been 5 different versions thus far.  Forum I and  II were 12 fret OM style with a couple of special features.   Forum III was a 12 fret LS-03, also with a few little extra features.  Forum IV was a special OO body.  Forum V was an electric as I recall.   This thread is for discussion of those specific guitars.

Since you are new perhaps you might be interested in how these came to be and the story behind them.    Again, I refer you to Post #1 and the link provided there.

The proper place to introduce yourself on the forum is with a new thread for that purpose.  I think you'd get more "welcomes" if you did that.

But glad to have you here anyhow.  enjoy the forum
jack1031953

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2013, 04:30:13 AM »

Greetings!  I'm Jack from Florida.  Just bought my first Larrivee ever!!!  

I've bought, sold, and traded just about every other make of guitar except for the Larrivee.

Pretty excited to get it.  It's an L-05MTE.

Jack

Martin OM-21 Ambertone (On Order)
Taylor 326
Larrivee LS-03 Italian Spruce/Walnut (In Route)
Yamaha LL16 SB
Epiphone 50th Anniversary Inspired by "1964" Caballero - Mahogany
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2013, 06:28:24 AM »

welcome Jack.   Did you read the last post before you posted your pictures ?
grantm

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2013, 03:26:20 PM »

A newbie's first post.  I'm looking forward to being on the forum.  I own a LV-03.  I have also owned a Parlor P-01.

Larrivee LV-03
Larrivee Parlor P-01
Yamaha G-50A
Epiphone  FT-570 Super Jumbo 1974
Dobro DM-33

"I think, therefor I am  ...I think"
seeker_98361

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2013, 03:10:54 AM »

My Dad just sent me a 1983 Larrivee electric with 2 singles and a humbucker emg's with a kahler bridge. I was wondering if it could be one of the original production guitars and if there is a serial number I can find on it somewhere to be sure?? I don't know how to post pictures, but it looks identical to the picture on the Larrivee history information page. The blue Larrivee guitar leaning on the Mercedes next to a picture of a bass guitar. I would appreciate any info thank you! seeker_98361@yahoo.com   
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2013, 11:31:01 AM »

welcome Seeker

How do you know its a 1983   Your Dad bought it that year  

If a 1983 it would be a 1st production year model

The serial # most likely if not on back of headstock will be on the last fret of the fingerboard sometimes hard to see.

You will need 10 posts before enabled to post pics which is in Our Rules. Please give them a read only takes a few minutes and forms the basis to who we all are here.  

Once again  welcome

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2013, 11:49:34 AM »

Is it just me, or are we experiencing thread-drift here?
Whatever.
Carry on.
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2013, 03:03:20 PM »

Is it just me, or are we experiencing thread-drift here?
Whatever.
Carry on.

Mark, it seems like the title "Larrivee Forum Guitars" has been interpreted to mean any guitar owned by a forum member.    Yes, it's become very far removed from the original intent of the thread which was to highlight and discuss actual "Forum Guitars"..  such as Forum I, II, III, IV and V special builds.   I've tried on a few occasions to gently remind folks but it doesn't seem to sink in so I gave up.
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2013, 03:12:29 PM »

Mark, it seems like the title "Larrivee Forum Guitars" has been interpreted to mean any guitar owned by a forum member.    Yes, it's become very far removed from the original intent of the thread which was to highlight and discuss actual "Forum Guitars"..  such as Forum I, II, III, IV and V special builds.   I've tried on a few occasions to gently remind folks but it doesn't seem to sink in so I gave up.
Yeah, I couldn't help but notice your attempts to steer this ship back on course, but you were facing a strong current and powerful crosswinds.
No biggie.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2013, 04:19:40 PM »

the confusion is mainly from new members is easy for them to do. Removing the sticky might solve and just allow topic to drift naturally

i

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
jpbpe

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2013, 06:10:04 PM »

Hi JOYCEfromNS,  nice guitar

I have read above but still am not sure if there is a Forum Guitar in the works.    Can you clarify? Thanks 
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2013, 06:32:07 PM »

Hi JOYCEfromNS,  nice guitar

I have read above but still am not sure if there is a Forum Guitar in the works.    Can you clarify? Thanks 

There is NOT a Forum Guitar in the works currently.   Forum I, II, III, IV and V are available as used guitars from time to time but there are no new ones being built;  or even contemplated at the moment.
jpbpe

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2013, 07:44:40 PM »

Thanks tuffythepug for that info. I did see the Forum IV #22 in the FS Forum. That one is a definite maybe...    
AZLiberty
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2013, 03:24:30 AM »

There is NOT a Forum Guitar in the works currently.   Forum I, II, III, IV and V are available as used guitars from time to time but there are no new ones being built;  or even contemplated at the moment.

Patently not true.  I am constantly contemplating trying to talk you all into an OM-03R-12 string Forum build, or maybe a Walnut/Cedar OO.

OM-03RE,
D-03R-12,
Parlor
LS-03 Forum-III #34 (IS/MH)

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markhorning
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: