Larrivee Forum Guitars

Started by Queequeg, February 13, 2010, 03:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello,

Can anyone give their impression of the Forum OM  (I, i think) it is mahogany/spruce 12 fret model?

Thanks,

Mine was wonderful,standard Larrivee string balance,good volumn and tone.Only reason I don't still have it is I needed money at the time more then a guitar.If you can find one grab it you won't be disappointed.Great for all styles of play.Sounded wonderful in alt. tunings.I miss it but its good hands. :crying:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Hi everyone:

I joined a while ago, but this is my first login and reply. I did bring some donuts, not sure though who likes what, so.... :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2. And what good are donuts without the coffee.... :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee...I hope that's enough, if not I'll have to go for another run.

I have a LV-05 that I had a 2" fretboard added by Larrivee when it was made. My previous Larrivee was also mohogany with a satin finish, but the neck was too narrow for my mitts, thus I went bigger. I prefer the glossy finish so much that I even had them do the fretboard too. Unfortunately, they shipped with a satin finish, but took it back and delivered it again the way it was ordered. I love the tone and the balance from bass to treble on the LV-05. I've been trying to get the fingers picking, but it's been hard to find practice time with two small children.

I've been reading this forum for many years and love pouring over all the threads and have learned a lot here.

Thank you for reading along, and I hope to join in soon!!!

We heck ....................................... :wave WELCOME to the lonny bin.The Guitar sounds way cool.I"m assuming that by 2" neck that you had them put a classical neck?Oh ya thanks for the coffee and dognuts!Hope to see more post so you can post a pix or6 of it????
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Hi unclrob:

Thank you for the welcome!

Larrivee put a classical guitar neck on it. When I took it to the 12th Fret a while back for some servicing (where I ordered it from), one of the techs commented on how purty she is.  I want to give them a plug because Dave Wren there was great through the whole process and helped me sell my previous Larrivee for a nice price. My ONLY regret buying the new one was not having electronics put on when it was built. I know I can add it on after the fact, but I would feel safer to have Larrivee do it.

I will try to get a picture of the LV-05 and post it.

Old Beginner
Welcome to the forum.     I would ask that you start a new thread to discuss your LV-05.     This thread is for discussion of Larrivee "Forum" guitars which are special runs of forum-designed guitars.   There have been 5, soon to be 6 "forum" guitars to date.   We would all love to hear about your guitar but this is the wrong place.   
Thanks

Quote from: old beginner on March 08, 2012, 03:40:43 PM
Sorry Tuffy. My bad....

No worries.   Lots of people have made the same mistake.    We are glad to have you here and look forward to hearing your thoughts !   :thumb

I have been trying to purchase Larrivee OMV-10 but it is not that easy for I live in South Korea which is located in east Asia.
I found this site, while I tred to get some information through internet. I need the current price and where I can purchase it in toronto.
I have a plan to go to toronto next month and my English is not good enough to negotiate the price.
hope all of you have a great days...

OOPS!!! SORRY to you all.I ,m a newbie for sure.I guess I tried to climb corporate larrivee latter a little too fast.So....I,m now on my way to get the coffee and donuts and running the whole way,read rule #9. :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee Now I,m not sure if I,m doing this right ,I,m seeing the[ words ] donut and coffee but not the actual emoticon characters.

Hello,does anyone know the worth of my  81 larrivee L09 rosewood with JCL logo on headstock with orig. case in very nice condition. :donut :donut :donut :coffee

Quote from: placoustic11 on May 18, 2012, 08:30:59 PM
Hello,does anyone know the worth of my  81 larrivee L09 rosewood with JCL logo on headstock with orig. case in very nice condition. :donut :donut :donut :coffee

$1500. The problem with vintage Larrivee guitars is, they are spectacular guitars BUT so are the newer ones. You might squeeze $1600 but it'll be tough goin to get much more. Just MHO.

If it was me I'd be keeping it, no way I'd be selling it for 16 stinkin Benjamins!!!!!!!

:cheers
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

:beer Hi you all,I,m thinking about buying a larrivee RS-2 custom shop electric with p90,s.I,dlike to hear a little feedback on em from those who own them.I like an electric that delivers a good raunch and clean tone.I currently own the PRS nf3 electric and it totally rocks in every way,solid korina body[a relative of mahogany]So I,m assuming that a solid mahogany bodied RS-2 must certainly have great tone as well,just don,t know much about p90,s.

:donut :donut2 :donut :donut2 :donut.... :coffee

Now that you have had your morning joe and doggy nuts, I just thought I would say HI! I have only been okaying for a couple of years and am ready to move on from my beginners special (Still crazy grateful that my wife got it for me to get me started). I have a Birthday coming up and was told  that I could treat myself to an instrument as opposed to a started guitar and not end up sleeping on the couch for the next year. I posted a few threads asking for advice and I am planning on spending some time on here to learn a few things. I am drawn to the Larrivee based on the sound clips and disucssion forums, so I am kind of sold on the idea of owning my very own, just not sure which one to purchase just yet!

Cheers

Daniel

:donut :donut :donut2 :donut2 :donut :donut :beer (I prefer a beer withanything I eat)

I am the very , very happy owner of a Forum I, OM-03, all mahogany. I'm still a newbie myself, but compared to anything else I've played (my 'office' Seagull, wife's old Alvarez classical, and done the Guitar Center "just looking" days) - this is hands-down the best I! Size is perfect, tone is fantastic, and well, it's just gorgeous!

A special note - I've a bum shoulder myself - the smaller size is really comfortable!

Good luck in making a decision!
Remember when the music came from wooden boxes strung with silver wires...

OM-40 SB
Forum VI - LS-03 Moonwood/Walnut
Seagull S6

Thanks a bunch, I'm hoping to make a decision sometime in the next few weeks, so the feedback is very much appreciated! :)

:wave Hello Larrivites  :winkin:     Ain't it time for a new Forum Acoustic :guitar

Danny your a mad man I say a madman....... :roll
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: dependan on September 30, 2012, 09:30:52 PM
    :wave Hello Larrivites  :winkin:     Ain't it time for a new Forum Acoustic :guitar

12 string - not a Dread.  Discuss.
(probably not an L either as those are pretty common as well)

I don't buy pets from puppy-mill pet stores, and I don't buy Larrivees from Guitar Center.  :winkin:
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com