Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I watched this video 3-4 times then I saw the guitar  (Read 15947 times)
jimmyb

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2010, 04:55:46 AM »

Firstly, I'm not on a horse, tall or otherwise. Secondly, I'm not trying to build myself up by tearing anyone down. I'm simply making an observation and judgement based on a particular contingency. You are free to make your own observations and render your own judgements from those observations as well. The numbers I quoted are the general ranges pretty much agreed upon as the percentages of folks in the United States of America capable of engaging in varying degrees of formal operational thinking. Thirdly, if you are asking whether or not I am capable of formal operational thinking, then I'll answer you directly, yes I am. That is not based upon my opinion, but rather, based upon the results of several batteries of cognitive functioning testing I have underwent at various stages of my development.

As far as Walkerman goes, he seems compelled to be snarky with my posts at every opportunity he can find. That's his issue. Tell me, Mr Buffet, if someone is unable to deduce blatant product placement in front of them, on a video screen, what conclusion would you draw about their ability to engage in abstract thinking?

BTW, what are you talking about, exactly? This post was about a nice looking young woman (who I, for one, have NEVER heard of) using a sunburst Larrivee as a prop and it became some kind of "I'm smarter because my mom had me tested" psycho babble,  with bad grammer ("I have underwent..." WOW) and bad spelling (ditto) thrown in just so we can wrap our arms around the premise of "Product placement" (and all this time I thought Sean Connery drove Aston Martins because they were cool. Boy, am I a dope).

Jimmy

The kids:
Eastman Pagelli PG2 archtop
Kremona Fandango FG630CW
Landau Parlor
Pono 0000-30SP
Ramsay Classical
Neil Gardiner Parlor
Neil Gardiner Concert
Gretsch 6120-1959TV
Darren Hippner Flamenco

and the ukes:
Kanilea K3 Koa Super Concert
Kanilea K1 Tenor Custom (Claro Walnut)
Kanilea K1 Tenor Custom (Koa)
Mainland Tenor
Willie W
jimmyb

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2010, 06:26:23 AM »

Here's another one where the Larrivee makes a cameo at the beginning, then disappears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjHf9PQDQXA&feature=channel

GA-ME is right on target:

"Plastic" is an excellent description, to go along with shallow, sexualized, pointless and pretty typical of where a lot of country music has ended up today. Watching her in those videos almost gives you the creeps, like she's a narcissistic tramp that only has one thing on her mind...

...however, I suspect you guys are just jealous that you're not that Larrivee guitar being strummed by her and pressed up against her body...

Actually, what's giving me the creeps is the last line of your post. Change that, your entire post gave me the creeps. How this video made her a "narcissitic tramp that only has one thing on her mind..." is beyond me. Unless what was on her mind was: "I wish I could play like Chet Atkins!"

Jimmy

The kids:
Kremona Fandango FG630CW
Landau Parlor
Pono 0000-30SP
Ramsay Classical
Neil Gardiner Parlor
Neil Gardiner Concert
Gretsch 6120-1959TV
Darren Hippner Flamenco

and the ukes:
Mainland Tenor
Willie W
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2010, 11:33:31 AM »

The video's were bad. Let's just leave it at that.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
bbblacksheep

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2010, 12:22:18 PM »

bigrin
ncognito
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2010, 01:59:34 PM »

bigrin

triple b lack sheep--

You crack me up!     

DAVE

-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works
cke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2010, 05:29:08 PM »

Geez, guys. "Can't we all just get along?"

Can't we just be grateful that the gits we love are getting exposure?

Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden
jimmyb

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2010, 05:51:42 PM »

Geez, guys. "Can't we all just get along?"

Can't we just be grateful that the gits we love are getting exposure?

+1

The kids:
Kremona Fandango FG630CW
Landau Parlor
Pono 0000-30SP
Ramsay Classical
Neil Gardiner Parlor
Neil Gardiner Concert
Gretsch 6120-1959TV
Darren Hippner Flamenco

and the ukes:
Mainland Tenor
Willie W
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2010, 08:57:01 PM »

.......with bad grammer ("I have underwent..." WOW) and bad spelling (ditto)

I'm not one hundred percent certain, but I believe "have underwent", as utilized in my original sentence, is a grammatically correct present perfect tense. It is my understanding that one can use the present perfect tense to describe one's experience.   For instance, I think it would be correct to say: I have underwent multiple x-rays in my life. Any forum grammarians have a definitive answer? If it is incorrect, I'd certainly like to know why so I have a better understanding.

Edit* I think I found the answer myself. Underwent is the simple past and undergone is the past participle so undergone is needed to form a proper present perfect.
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2010, 10:24:54 PM »

I don' t know nothing about future or past participles...but undergone sure sounds better than underwent in that sentence...

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2010, 10:49:51 PM »

I must be getting old because my first thought was ... nice guitar! Anyway, I rather liked it. All you can do better? As we say up here in the GWN ... give 'er!   
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2010, 11:06:35 PM »

lol yep we say the same down here in NS GIV er

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
jimmyb

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2010, 11:25:49 PM »

I must be getting old because my first thought was ... nice guitar! Anyway, I rather liked it. All you can do better? As we say up here in the GWN ... give 'er!   

I'm getting old with you (and very married also). We got a video with a very nice looking young woman with red hair, no less, and I'm trying to figure out what model Larrivee cutaway she is almost playing.

Jimmy

The kids:
Kremona Fandango FG630CW
Landau Parlor
Pono 0000-30SP
Ramsay Classical
Neil Gardiner Parlor
Neil Gardiner Concert
Gretsch 6120-1959TV
Darren Hippner Flamenco

and the ukes:
Mainland Tenor
Willie W
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2010, 11:33:30 PM »

I'm getting old with you (and very married also). We got a video with a very nice looking young woman with red hair, no less, and I'm trying to figure out what model Larrivee cutaway she is almost playing.

Jimmy

bbblacksheep was right (above): we are beating a dead horse...

...I guess I was paying too much attention also to the LYRICS in both videos/songs, which are as lame and egocentric as all the flashes of cleavage...and I'll leave it at that. 

Not trying to ride a high horse (since, as noted, it's been beaten to death); but the first post WAS a comment about her "visuals."

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Agasco

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2010, 12:41:27 AM »

Not trying to ride a high horse (since, as noted, it's been beaten to death); but the first post WAS a comment about her "visuals."
[/quote]

Absolutely and AMEN! I never once said check out the quality playing, technique, style, lyrics.....or forum members grammer, belittling one another etc. I am not a big fan of the music, but love the guitar. I think she looks great, I expected some disagreement about the visuals, but not insults.

I am a relatively new member and I get the feeling there are users of this forum, who consider this their personal playground, to intimidate and show off. I come here to learn and have some fun. All too often I see threads turn into competitions. I am sure there could be many more members of the community, who would contribute their 2 cents if they weren't afraid they would be put down or insulted.

I apologize for pointing out a video featuring a "signed" recording artist and a Larrivee guitar. I didn't realize it was offensive.

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2010, 01:10:52 AM »

Absolutely and AMEN! I never once said check out the quality playing, technique, style, lyrics.....or forum members grammer, belittling one another etc. I am not a big fan of the music, but love the guitar. I think she looks great, I expected some disagreement about the visuals, but not insults.

I am a relatively new member and I get the feeling there are users of this forum, who consider this their personal playground, to intimidate and show off. I come here to learn and have some fun. All too often I see threads turn into competitions. I am sure there could be many more members of the community, who would contribute their 2 cents if they weren't afraid they would be put down or insulted.

I apologize for pointing out a video featuring a "signed" recording artist and a Larrivee guitar. I didn't realize it was offensive.

Thanks for your posts and thoughts. For my part I just didn't like the style of the video at all. I would rather see a real player. But we all are different. And you are right we do treat this place like our own playground.
               It's good to be reminded by others that we don't "own" this place.

cke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2010, 02:02:01 AM »

I would rather see a real player.

I think that Jesse Farrell plays - she was featured as an endorser in several months of Larrivee ads, in Acoustic Guitar at least.  I find her a 'decent' singer by today's commercial standards. Otherwise, no comment rolleye

Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden
jeremy3220
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2010, 05:33:16 AM »

I am a relatively new member and I get the feeling there are users of this forum, who consider this their personal playground, to intimidate and show off.

Yep this is where me and a few others spend our down time when we're not riding in our motorcycle gang and playing kitten baseball. The next thread I'm gonna start is a slideshow of my biceps.

P.S. Stay off the monkey bars or I'll kick your a$$.

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2010, 01:53:06 PM »

Yep this is where me and a few others spend our down time when we're not riding in our motorcycle gang and playing kitten baseball. The next thread I'm gonna start is a slideshow of my biceps.

P.S. Stay off the monkey bars or I'll kick your a$$.
  Play nice Jeremy

GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2010, 01:58:23 PM »

Play nice Jeremy

Danny, don't mess with Jeremy or he will flex his brain and biceps and bust ya up! Over in the book thread, he said he is reading some Bentham. Raeding Bentham is like doing Sudoku, it flexes the muscle! Be afraid, very afraid....................

bigrin
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2010, 02:07:19 PM »

Danny, don't mess with Jeremy or he will flex his brain and biceps and bust ya up! Over in the book thread, he said he is reading some Bentham. Raeding Bentham is like doing Sudoku, it flexes the muscle! Be afraid, very afraid....................

bigrin
  Well... Ain't nobody got nothin on Samuel Clemens. And I'm reading two of his books. If that don't work I'll find a Will Rogers book to keep me left jab nimble.
      "A remark generally hurts in proportion to its truth. "  W.R.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: