One More New Larrivee

Started by Billm67, October 15, 2004, 07:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Must be the week for new people with new Larrivee's.  I am new to this board and am the proud owner of a new Larrivee D60.  Having grown up around my fathers martin, the D60 is just the perfect guitar!  I fell in love with it and the guys at the shop were getting tired of wiping my handsprints off it....so I had to take it home.  After checking out this board a little, it seems like the place to hang out.  Seems like really good people.  

Bill,
welcome and don't forget the donuts...new member policy  :lol:  
wtb LSV-05

Congrats and welcome!
Looks like this wallpaper is perfect for you!

Hi Bill, welcome to the forum.  I think you have definitely found one of the best guitars in the marketplace.  The D-60 is awesome, and I think it is a great re-interpretation of the bluegrass dread.  I think you'll find a lot of very knowledgeable people here, and they are always willing to help.  Enjoy the new guitar and the forum! :)   Jason
http://www.notableguitars.com
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

Wecome the the forum and Larrivee family!  You really know how to pick a winner, that is one awesome guitar.  

Don't forget the pics and donuts! (Apple fritters if they got 'em.) :lol:  
2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2

Welcome to the Larrivee owners and SUGAR JUNKIES Family.Lots of fun here,lots of loonies too. B)  
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Hey Bill
Welcome to the forum.
Great guitar.
-josh
Larrivee P-03MT
Martin 00
Epiphone Bluesmaster

This may be my first Larrivee...but I can tell you already it won't be my last!  

I am also a new Larrivee owner.  After about 8 years of playing a literally about 25 acoustics (they come and go, just don't live up-GAS-O-RAMA!)  I have just bought my first two Larrivees.  I got my All Koa Parlor yesterday, put on gold/ebony Schallers, bone saddle, ebony/abalone pins and it is a great guitar!  Perfect for the couch or an the road.  Real nice.  I also ordered a D50 today.  I am by no means a bluegrass player, but I strum pretty aggressively, so I think it will serve me well.  I also ordered a BBand A2.2 to install.  Should be a real sweet setup.  Thanks a million to Dave at guitar adoptions.  Just another thing, he ships the guitars to you in the box the guitar maker ship them in.  I have ordered a lot of guitars from shops who just throw them in any ole box.  Another thing that makes Dave a great dealer.  Larrivees are great guitars.  Please give me plenty of positive reinforcement as I wait these 5 days for that D50.  I originally called Dave to get a Larrivee D03RE as a backup to my CA COT that I play as my primary guitar, and came away with a whole heck of a lot more guitar!  Can't wait.

Matt,

Here's about the best encouragement I can give you while you wait(just to reduce any post purchase dissonance).  I have been playing about 27 years.  I grew up around my father playing a 71 D28 and his buddy who had a 1957 d28.  I have owned a couple of Martins and Taylors and Tacoma's and everything else that I though might be a good acoutic.  I have done a little recording as I used to have a 16 track studio, and I tried everything under the sun to get a really great acoustic sound like they get on records.  I tried mic placement, multiple mikes, outboard effects by the drones and I could never quite get that sound.  After I bought my D60 I was over at my cousins and he just strummed a couple of chords and that sound was there.  You just can't make in in the studio...it has to be there to start and these Larrivee's just have the sound...the just drip with it!!!!

How about a little taste of "Famous Dave" video of a D60 to hold you over?!   :lol:

http://www.guitaradoptions.com/d60.wmv

PS Guitar being played is the same one pictured in the wallpaper above!

NIIIIce sound!  :D  
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Way to go Matt. Just stick your elbow up in the air while you strum that parlor like it was a dread and think about the huge sound you are going to get from that D50. Go to Dave's website and drool on the pix of the D50 and say to yourself, soooooon, very soooon.  

PS The Photos on the site are of Matt's actual guitar too!  :D  

Thanks for the encouragement.  Tonight I went to a great concert of three great acoustic guitarists.  Bebo Norman, Bethany Dillon, and Jason Morant.  I play music to give glory to God, so being there hearing others doing what I absolutely love to do (and they were doing it quite well) was awesome.  Bebo Norman has a guy that plays with him named Gabe Scott who plays incredible acoustic guitar, accordian, hammered dulcimer, and lap and squareneck slide.  Great show.  PS, they also play a lot of nice guitars, Bebo plays Everetts.  Great sound.  
I do have the parlor, which I was just playing, and the CA (which is great) to toodle around with.  I am playing at church this weekend (with two trumpets right behind me!), and I love that.  Gators play tomorrow (they BETTER win this one).  I can't wait to get that D50.  It will go straight to the best luthier in town for the install of the A2.2 and a setup.  Then its off to the races.  

Bebo's music is great.

Congrats on the new guitar!
Bing

Larrivee J-09FM
Taylor 814ce
Music Man Axis SS w/piezo

Hi Billm,

Welcome to the forum.  Congratulations on a beautiful instrument.........now about those donuts.....I'll take a bearclaw.

Welcome, BillM67.

Ok, so now that we have a place to put pictures of our guitars and pictures of ourselves isn't it time we had a place to put our favourite donut standing order?

Ron
Ron