Anyone Played the New Martin D-15M?

Started by 01strat, January 31, 2010, 02:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Has anyone played the new Martin D-15M?  I've always liked the D-15 but have been turned off by that fake decal rosette and I'm not really a fan of the look of Martin's sapele tops.  With the new D-15M, gone is that cheap gold herringbone decal and you get a real rosette inlay (albeit only a single ring), Butterbean open back tuners, bone nut and saddle, ebony bridge pins, higher quality pickguard, and most importantly - all mahogany top, back, sides, and neck.  There's no sapele whatsoever.  It's got a real vintage vibe.

Street price of the D-15M is less than the street price of a Larrivee D03.  There's also a 000-15M and 000-15SM custom version (12 fret slothead with 1 3/4" nut width with the same M style treatments).  I'm seriously considering the D...

Where did you see it? I have always like the regular d15, if it had the nicer tuners that would be icing on the cake
Dave

I haven't played a new one but I just installed a pickup in an non new one.Decent sound very Martinish.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: DaveyO on February 02, 2010, 05:13:23 PM
Where did you see it? I have always like the regular d15, if it had the nicer tuners that would be icing on the cake

Hi Dave,

New 2010 Martin D15M
http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/MTND15MAH.htm
I also noticed the inlays on the fretboard are nicer than the old D15 plus all the additions/upgrades in the original post.

Custom 2010 Martin 000-15SM (Slothead)
http://www.myfavoriteguitars.com/product.php?productid=16164&cat=0&page=1

01stat,
thanks for the link, very cool gutars,
It would be perfect if it was gloss, pretty and plain at the same time,
Just like I like my  women :humour:
Dave