Replacement Tuning Machines

Started by 12barBill, October 13, 2004, 11:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I think this has been discussed before but I don't feel like searching, so:

I want to replace the chrome tuners on my LV03R with gold ones. I'm not unhappy with the Ping tuners. I think they are fine but I like the look of gold tuners with white knobs. I know everone is jumping on the black ebony (or ebony like) knobs, but I kind of like small, white pearl looking knobs with gold tuners (although I might try the black).

What can I get that will match up with the screw hole on the back of the peghead and the same diameter hole through the peghead.

I read where Poki said the Schaller minis were just right for the Parlor. Do the Parlors come with the same tuners as the L03 models?

the schallers are the way to go.The parlours use the mini's the OM,L and use a std size.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

On www.stewmac.com they sell Gotoh's.  They match perfectly with the full size pings (from what I can see).  Check out the comparison-
http://elderly.com/images/new_instruments/...dstock-back.jpg
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,...nob_Tuners.html

I'm thinking of getting the gotohs for my full size larrivee, when I get it.

The LV-03 use the standard size Pings tuners like my Model 10 Larrivees. I traded them in for the Gotoh Gold Contours with the black buttons. You can see them on my guitars in the pictures section (compliments of Don B.) I got them from www.lmii.com and they are drop in replacements.

I'll email him and try to get him to post some closeups I have of them as Koamon too primative to figure it out :blink:  
Larrivee LC-10 Koa
Larrivee DV-10 Koa
Composite Acoustics Cargo
UnclRob's Parts Telecaster

I replaced my chrome pings on my LV 09 Blackwood with Gold Gotoh supers. I like them better than the schallers--18:1 ratio, very smoothe action, super cool organic look. Definitely check out Stewmac or Allied Lutherie. :D  

"...when love comes to town gonna jump that train" --B. B. King

SD-50 Commemorative
Goodall walnut-engleman CJ
Charis madigascar-cedar SJ
Loriente Isabel pau ferro-german Classical

QuoteThe LV-03 use the standard size Pings tuners like my Model 10 Larrivees. I traded them in for the Gotoh Gold Contours with the black buttons. You can see them on my guitars in the pictures section (compliments of Don B.) I got them from www.lmii.com and they are drop in replacements.

I'll email him and try to get him to post some closeups I have of them as Koamon too primative to figure it out :blink:
OK here are Koamon's tuners:

Very nice!
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

Very nice indeed, i'll keep them in mind if i ever upgrade mine.

Larrivee 0-09K Koa/sitka
Seagull S6+CW Folk
Goodall Parlor

Hi Don,
     Thanks for getting it on the forum for me.                                            
:blink:  koamon too primative to know how  :blink:  
Larrivee LC-10 Koa
Larrivee DV-10 Koa
Composite Acoustics Cargo
UnclRob's Parts Telecaster