Hogtop coming !!!

Started by Sandro, February 03, 2010, 08:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wow,
things can really speed up when GAS is hitting heavy !   Last Monday I sold my Yamaha LL6SB. Yesterday I was trying guitars in some shops in the neighbourhood. In the evening I contacted a girl who 2 years ago was selling a nice used Lakewood M-M, I found out that she still owns it, and today this nice Hogtop is already traveling toward my home !
I'm eager to receive it, after all the good things I read about hogs. I wonder if I can join the hogtop lovers' club, even if mine is not a Larrivee...
I'm even a bit worried to buy a guitar without trying it, but there were no alternatives, as this girl lives in Rome, 500Km from me.
Anyway the price I paid is so low that it's not a big risk.  The waiting begins...

Larrivée OOO40-MT (2018)
Gibson Advanced Jumbo (1997)
Taylor AD17E Blacktop

I love the smell of Spruce in the morning

Good for you...I just sold a nice Lakewood that I had about ten years. They make great guitars....never saw one in all mahogany.  Enjoy!
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Dotneck on February 03, 2010, 08:53:31 AM
Good for you...I just sold a nice Lakewood that I had about ten years. They make great guitars....never saw one in all mahogany.  Enjoy!
Thanks dotneck.  Hey man, you just need another post to reach 1000  !!!
Larrivée OOO40-MT (2018)
Taylor AD17E Blacktop

Just one more?  I wish I had something important to say. But that's nothing new!

:wacko:
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Dotneck on February 03, 2010, 11:23:58 AM
Just one more?  I wish I had something important to say. But that's nothing new!

:wacko:

Hey Dot nice 1000th!!!! Do appreciate your posts interesting and informative, thanks for your role in making this the best guitar forum on the net
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on February 03, 2010, 11:48:32 AM
Hey Dot nice 1000th!!!! Do appreciate your posts interesting and informative, thanks for your role in making this the best guitar forum on the net
:+1: :cheers
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Congratulations on that new hogtop, it certainly qualifies for membership into the hogtop lovers' club.  Hogtops are awesome!

Saluti
:beer
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

I love Mahogany top guitars too. This is a L-0 style I built, I thought "Blues Town" was a great name for it.

Quote from: David Newton on February 03, 2010, 09:24:10 PM
I love Mahogany top guitars too. This is a L-0 style I built, I thought "Blues Town" was a great name for it.

:bowdown:  :nice guitar:

You cannot imagine how much I love hogtops.  This modeled Gibson is beautiful and I'm sure sounds even better.   I'm so glad you have joined the Larrivee Forum.  We've got a great mix here of people who love acoustic guitars and it's a great place to share ideas and make friends.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: bluesman67 on February 03, 2010, 10:24:41 PM
:bowdown:  :nice guitar:

You cannot imagine how much I love hogtops.  This modeled Gibson is beautiful and I'm sure sounds even better.   I'm so glad you have joined the Larrivee Forum.  We've got a great mix here of people who love acoustic guitars and it's a great place to share ideas and make friends.

:+1: and  :welcome:
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Thanks guys,
I really like this forum !  Maybe I should introduce myself again.  I joined the forum 2 years ago, before buying my OM-2 and I lurked and posted here for a while. Then work and family took their toll and I slowly stopped coming here. But I'm back now !   :cheers

David, your Blues Town is a real beauty !  I can't wait to see mine. I will post pictures as soon as possible. When it will arrive I'll have to wait for her to warm up, before opening the parcel, as outside we have -4°C. I will have to go out for a long walk outside to avoid temptation...

Larrivée OOO40-MT (2018)
Taylor AD17E Blacktop

David,

Beautiful guitar.

I am in the process of designing and building a git. I am really thinking of making a hog top as this will be my first build, any thoughts.

-James

:nice guitar:
Larrivee P-03
Martin 000-28
Martin OMSW-Cherry
Martin Backpacker Steel String
Takamine Classical
Early Ovation Celebrity
Roland A-60 Acoustic Amplifier

Quote from: jamesb1101 on February 04, 2010, 08:49:21 AM
I am in the process of designing and building a git. I am really thinking of making a hog top as this will be my first build, any thoughts.

That's a dream of mine. But I'm afraid to start such a feat, because I have always been a disaster in bricolage and manual work   :crying:
Larrivée OOO40-MT (2018)
Taylor AD17E Blacktop

Yes James.
My thoughts are to get going!
It isn't rocket science, and perfection is not the goal.
My favorite guitars are the ones that have something funky going about them.