Check out this mic system on AGF

Started by unclrob, January 29, 2010, 09:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Young has a very informative demo of a duel mic system posted there and I can barely do what I do on the computer.Maybe someone smarter then me can do a link.But if not go check it out.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Sman Thanks,I knew I could count on the gang here.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

U-Rob, I am intrigue by this system, as the man say's, no feedback, easy to install. Just what I want for my guitars but, I'm a little concern with the battery change as the review member suggested. My guess would be to remove strings and all and remove the system again to change the batteries, what is your thought U-Rob? That can be a pain in the a.s in time, wouldn't it?
cheers
fongie

For me not a problem as all I do is loosen the strings and after years of putting my arm inside acoustic guitars my forarm now bends.But yes I trully hate batteries inside guitars but If the batteries last half as long it shouldn't be a problem,when you get close to the hours you can pull it out during a string change.
This is also why I prefer the GHS A131 its an goes on the outside.
My only other worry would be playing in a band would there be a problem with added vibration's say from a bass guitar freq. be amped by the mic inside.As a soloist it would be perfect but I play in duo's and trio's and full band's.In one of the duo's my partner also use the external one as a main vocal mic which is inhanced by a condenser mic that we use as an overhead.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Mmmmm, you might be right U-Rob, didn't think of other interference, especially the mic. nearest to the sound hole, would that pick up your vocal?
cheers
fongie

I don't think the internal mic's can pick up the vocals.With the external one's we use the mic is over the end of the fingerboard by the soundhole and my partner plays with the guitar up high and angeled up so the vocals bleed nicely into the mic.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Thankyou U-Rob, I will start my search on this system and hope to find a seller with one just a little cheaper.
cheers
fongie

The one I use{GHS A131} is about $70 bucks new.I'm not sure if you'll find the duel one used yet but there is a single mic one that you may be able to find.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

FWIW I recently bought and installed the GHS single mic which I bought from Elderly for $48.  It's in a Guild F20nt and I am pleased with it.  IMHO The best way to change the battery would be to remove the unit.
Steve ....aka the SMan

Thanks guys, I hope we have them here in Australia, we can get a little behind when it comes to new gimics. U-Rob, I probably pick up a whole new system. Thanks again
cheers
fongie

Here is a straight link to the UTube video instead of linking to AGF, then over to UTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K878aq7vFWg
"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   2008 Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass