Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Sale 1978 Guild D-35 $700 + shipping/insurance  (Read 948 times)
mazareth
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2010, 09:03:48 PM »

Hello Fellow Forumites,

Continuing medical bills and some unexpected car repairs, I need to downsize my gear collection. 

First up is a 1978 Guild D-35 spruce over mahogany dreadnought with customary 1 11/16th inch neck width. I purchased this guitar from Randy R as a backup to my D-09. Also because I knew it would be fully aged and opened up. It certain is that! The guitar has that classic hog sound. It’s great for both strumming and leads. This D-35 has plenty of volume to compete with other acoustic instruments in a string band setting. The guitar is in good but well-played condition. She’s 31 years old after all!

According to Randy, the original bridge was replaced with a custom bridge relatively early in the guitar’s life by a local (to him) luthier. The “new” bridge has a split saddle. IIRC, Randy R told me this was done to improve the guitar’s intonation.

The guitar will ship well-packed in the original old style soft case.

Looking for $700.00 + actual shipping and insurance, which should be around $60—70 for the CONUS. I’ll accept cashier checks, money orders or paypal (you cover the fees).

I’ll be posting pictures as soon as I can this weekend.

Mark from Wis.
Guild D-35
2004 Larrivee D-09

Martin LXK2
Epiphone Elitist '61 Reissue EB3 (for Sale!)
Birdsong Skyrider custom bass.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: