Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don Alder  (Read 581 times)
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: January 21, 2010, 07:24:33 AM »

I came across Don's name in a guitar-search - he was the 2007 Winfield finger-style champion. There's a nice pic of him posing with his prize - an LSV-11 with a different headstock inlay.
Anyone knows his music? (oh, and he is Canadian)
http://www.donalder.com/

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
dermot

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 08:04:28 AM »

i made it to a workshop he gave at the Vancouver guitar show a few weeks ago.... great  player, interesting life, wonderful human... i learned alot there, mainly about learning to trust in yourself....

d. 
ncognito
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 02:21:11 PM »

I came across Don's name in a guitar-search - he was the 2007 Winfield finger-style champion. There's a nice pic of him posing with his prize - an LSV-11 with a different headstock inlay.
Anyone knows his music? (oh, and he is Canadian)
http://www.donalder.com/

Hey Zohn-- According to the inofrmation on the site you linked to Alder's prize was an LV10.

I see he's performing in Vancouver on saturday, Dermot.

DAVE

-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 08:11:27 PM »

Hey Zohn-- According to the inofrmation on the site you linked to Alder's prize was an LV10.

I see he's performing in Vancouver on saturday, Dermot.

DAVE

Yeah, right, how could I've missed that...  blush - nice guitar, ask me, I should know - now the ability lacks somewhat from my side...
I would like to see/meet Don.

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 05:58:57 AM »

So, totally unexpectedly I received a promotional DVD from Rick Micheletti with guess who playing 3 of his guitars?
 +1 I'm a fan (of Micheletti guitars too)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: