Bad "GAS"! Cure, buy a new Guitar

Started by skramer, January 19, 2010, 08:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traded three guitars: Fender Tele Thinline Re-Issue, Yamaha Silent Travel Guitar and an Ovation.

Got: Gibson Songwriter Traveler EC

I love my Larrivee and giving it up is not an option and it gets better with age, but looking for something different. Found a wonderful deal three for one at Guitar Center.  The Songwriter is a different and unusual guitar. Plays like butter and real sweet.  Need to play it more and will fill you all in.   :nana_guitar
Larrivee OM-03RE 2004
Larrivee Parlor O-R 2003
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Taylor T5z - Mahogany
Yamaha Acoustic SLG200

That's cool!  Just looked it up on the interweb.  Looks like it covers something that isn't done to death.

Even though I play acoustic almost exclusively, still have a Strat sitting in a closet.  Just for those times I need some other inspiration.

Hope you get a lot of inspiration from your new guitar.
Eric P.
------------------------
Larrivee L-01
Lind 00-21S
'30s Biltmore
a few others

Wow this Gibby ain't cheap!!! How's it compare to a CA Cargo? Or is there no comparison?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Cool, how about some pictures. I'd like to see what the back looks like, Gibsons site doesn't show the back.   :nice guitar:  :gotpics:
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

I have gone through a bottle (asprin) to cure the pain from playing.  This was a real risk getting rid of three and gettig one. A real win!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me be clear my Larrivee is my go to guitar and nothing will replace it, including all the acoustic's out there. larrivee's are the best bang for the buck, yours and mine together and they can not be beat.

This Gibson is a real different guitar. It does it all. Not plugged in it is a quality sound(mid to high ranger excellent, base very good), but not as balanced as my OM-03R across all tones.  Plugged in though, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a sound. Great to use when playiny with a group gig or on stage.  Does not compare to a Larrivee one on one.  It answers a nich that my Larry parlor did not and it travels well.  So far I love this guitar.

I never buy guitars new, they are like buying a new car. Take off the lot and the value goes down 40% and if you dig it you cry.  I try to buy USED guitars in very good shape and keep them like a collector item.  By the way Gibson show's all faces of the Traveling Songwriter Guitar.
Larrivee OM-03RE 2004
Larrivee Parlor O-R 2003
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Taylor T5z - Mahogany
Yamaha Acoustic SLG200