I'm gonna be on TV

Started by Denis, January 15, 2010, 09:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanks everyone.  I've recently re-connected with a friend from high school.  She's great with melodies and harmonies.  We're writing together, songs with lyrics.  I play some bits of music I'm working on and she moulds it into a song...it's very exciting.  We wrote something yesterday, it still needs work, but I might be able to perform it on the show...we'll see. 

Denis is underestimating. I have heard a couple of tracks Denis and Alana have recorded, and the harmonies are really really good. I am really excited to hear some original stuff from them.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Allons Denis!  (grammatically correct I hope)

Greg

You have to start somewhere.I managed to get a couple of my tunes on American Public Radio - even got royalties.So best wishes that this will be the start of some exciting times.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Well, taped a couple of tunes this morning, short interview and the show has already aired once today (11am, repeats at 3:00, 5:30 and 10:30pm).  I should have a DVD copy of it soon.  I will post some of it on YouTube if I can get someone to get them off the dvd and on to my computer...

what tunes d'you play Denis?
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Quote from: BenF on February 02, 2010, 02:00:35 PM
what tunes d'you play Denis?

Samuel and one I wrote with my friend Alana called I'd rather fly...I think I sent you that one Ben.

great, I can't wait to see the video on youtube!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Quote from: BenF on February 02, 2010, 02:44:53 PM
great, I can't wait to see the video on youtube!

Ben...I haven't even seen the show yet.  It's only available to those that subscribe to this partcular cable provider of which I am not!  I am hoping they willc ontact me sometime this week to let me know the DVD I asked for is ready....

:beer
Congratulations Denis.  Make sure you post to youtube so all your fans here can see it too!
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

If there's no one closer AND  it's not to large a file - send it to me on an FTP and i can extract you, clean you up, and make you ready for YouTube...

d.

:nana_guitar

Well done Denis - looking forward to the vid. Here's a   :donut you deserve one. This is the magic of the forum 'in contact' with you guys miles away from us in the UK.

Quote from: PCT57 on February 03, 2010, 04:55:15 PM
:nana_guitar

Well done Denis - looking forward to the vid. Here's a   :donut you deserve one. This is the magic of the forum 'in contact' with you guys miles away from us in the UK.

The internet has really made it easier for indie musicians to connect with anyone that might like what they're doing.  I still remember my friends putting together demos on 4 track cassette recorders.  Now it's recording videos of yourself on an iPhone!!  Remember tape? 

Right now, all I know, is that a small group of people saw my performances and interview.  It was on a local show on a channel that only subscribers to the cable service see and I'm so frustrated as I have yet to see it....not even a few seconds.  :crying:

Got the DVD from the TV station last night.  Should have some new videos up on YouTube tonight. 

Quote from: Denis on February 05, 2010, 07:02:46 AM
Got the DVD from the TV station last night.  Should have some new videos up on YouTube tonight. 

Looking forward to it Denis
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Denis, you sounded great.  I have enjoyed your fingerstyle videos.  It was great to see you strumming hard and singing.  Press on.

Denis, great job!

I am booking summer festivals now. Is a trip to the East in your plans this year?
Ron

Really nice Denis.  :donut :donut :donut
Steve ....aka the SMan