Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serial Number Entry form and Spreadsheet  (Read 30440 times)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2010, 03:55:38 PM »

ST

As per The Rev's experience this endeavor of yours has many benefits and uses thanks again for taking it on  bowdown

I agree wholeheartedly, ST - thank you for taking on this project!  I'm still waiting to hear back on my '92 OM. It will be interesting to see if they can clear up the serial number confusion.

I will say this; it only took Yumi about a week to get back to me - I thought that was pretty good turn around time, especially with a number of us making requests right now for the SN spreadsheet.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2010, 04:13:19 PM »

Hi JOYCEfromNS & Mikeymac,

I'm glad you are perceiving value here. We are up to about 75 serial numbers entered.

Only one from the 70's
Two from the 80's
Something for each year in the 90's except 1995
2000's are well represented so far.

and here's the link since we've started a new page.

Larrivée Serial Numbers

PS
Does anybody know Yumi well enough to let him/her know what's going on with the serial numbers? If anyone has a direct email address for him/her - please send it through a private message to me and I'll write to explain what may be causing more requests than usual.

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2010, 04:39:39 PM »

PS
Does anybody know Yumi well enough to let him/her know what's going on with the serial numbers? If anyone has a direct email address for him/her - please send it through a private message to me and I'll write to explain what may be causing more requests than usual.

Sent you a PM.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2010, 11:38:24 PM »

Hi Mikeymac,

I sent a note on the first. Thanks for helping with that.

Sent you a PM.

ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2010, 11:42:55 PM »

Hi JOYCEfromNS,

Thanks for your entries into the Larrivée Serial Numbers  page - we're up to about 90 entries there in the last month. There are actually more than that, but some of them are incomplete.

So anyway - 90 entries is not not bad for a month.

We are looking for entries from the 70's and 80's for sure. It would be great to have more across the board though.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far.

JonathanValjean

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2010, 05:31:38 AM »

Hello, gentlemen!  My father and I just purchased a couple of used Larrivee's and I will be glad to enter our information in the serial number database just as soon as we hear back from Larrivee.  My father also has a Larrivee that he purchased new last year that I will be glad to report.  Be blessed! 
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2010, 07:44:42 AM »

Hi folks,

We up over 100 instruments. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far.

Still looking fo rmore in the 70s and 80s.

Larrivée Serial Numbers

Ponte

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2010, 09:43:01 PM »

Hi ST great Job you aré doing. I 've just entered  the data of my 2006 L05 but made a couple of mistakes that i can not correct . Could you do it for me?  serial number 86010 ( not 860010 ).  Label: single cherub Jean Larrivee Guitars, model L05, made in usa. Thanks 

"Guitars can seriously damage your health"

1977 American Fender Strat
2005 Larrivée L-05
2004 Amalio Burguet 3F flamenco spanish guitar
Many various other guitars gone,  ...hopefully to a good home.

http://guit-ar.com. Guitar drawings and artwork by Juan Ponte
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2010, 10:28:17 PM »

Hi Ponte,

Thanks for entering your info.

Hi ST great Job you aré doing. I 've just entered  the data of my 2006 L05 but made a couple of mistakes that i can not correct . Could you do it for me?  serial number 86010 ( not 860010 ).  Label: single cherub Jean Larrivee Guitars, model L05, made in usa. Thanks 

The changes are done.

BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2010, 11:35:24 PM »

Entered my '93 L-10 Custon earlier. Thought @ this point you wanted some earlier guitars. Should I add my F-III to the list? Great job on all & seems like alot of work. We all appreciate it, as I'm sure Larrivee does!
     Jeff

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2010, 11:44:13 PM »

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your kind thoughts.  I hope the folks at Larrivée don't mind the bump in interest in build dates. In the end it should make things easier.

Please add your FIII.
The more the merrier.

Thanks.

BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2010, 12:45:06 AM »

Thanks ST. Did so. Cool to look @ a piece of history!
     Jeff

Ponte

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2010, 08:29:26 PM »

Hi ST. Thank you for making the changes in  my entry.

"Guitars can seriously damage your health"

1977 American Fender Strat
2005 Larrivée L-05
2004 Amalio Burguet 3F flamenco spanish guitar
Many various other guitars gone,  ...hopefully to a good home.

http://guit-ar.com. Guitar drawings and artwork by Juan Ponte
dberch
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2010, 02:18:50 AM »

HI ST, I just added my 2004 OM-05MT and 2008 L-05 to the serial number database. Very cool.

When I got my response from LARRIVEE they only gave me completion date.  Since start date is required, I just entered my completion date there.

Just curious, why the 'no-dashes' rule on model number? Larrivee lists the numbers with dashes - why can't we enter them that way?  by the way I noticed at least one person did, and it seems to have worked.

Thanks for setting this up!
David

So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2010, 07:43:46 AM »

Hi David,

Thanks for adding your serial number information.

HI ST, I just added my 2004 OM-05MT and 2008 L-05 to the serial number database. Very cool.

When I got my response from LARRIVEE they only gave me completion date.  Since start date is required, I just entered my completion date there.

Just curious, why the 'no-dashes' rule on model number? Larrivee lists the numbers with dashes - why can't we enter them that way?  by the way I noticed at least one person did, and it seems to have worked.

Thanks for setting this up!
David

The reason for no dashes of spaces is that this reduces the number of different ways that various people can name what is essentially the same thing. For example you might write OM-05MT and someone else might write OM-05 MT and someone else might write OM05MT. By asking everyone to omit dashes and spaces, that makes that problem go away.

If we ever need to do things like sort by model number, the dashes and spaces do really funny things to sorting and grouping (e.g. OM-60 appears before an OM5) .

Also,  I just double checked and three of my Larrivées do NOT have dashes in the model number that is stamped inside. I wasn't able to get to the others easily tonight, but I think I have seen some model numbers with spaces or dashes and some without.

So ultimately this was all about making it easy to have a consistent naming convention.  I went into the data earlier tonight and did some cleanup so things would be more consistent.  

There is nothing in the form to prevent people from entering dashes and spaces in the model number,  but it just makes it difficult to deal with later if they do.

Does that make sense?

Michael T
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2010, 12:13:59 PM »

ST, there are a lot of different models out there, I assume the model number is the differentiating symbol, but some have descriptions in addition to the model number. For example: my LO512 is a 12 string and my DV09 is a dreadnaught with a cutaway. If I didn't own these I would not know what a DV09 is or a LO5 with a 12 after it. In entering the information I assumed special designations were for forum guitars or limited runs etc. I realize the work you must have put into this but if that box is to describe the model such as with Dreadaught with cutaway, or 12 string it wasn't very clear to me, but must've been to others. In any case, it's a nice record and something I think may be very useful for buyers/sellers and those of us with a curious streak.

08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2010, 12:54:26 AM »

Also,  I just double checked and three of my Larrivées do NOT have dashes in the model number that is stamped inside. I wasn't able to get to the others easily tonight, but I think I have seen some model numbers with spaces or dashes and some without.

Ha odd that Larrivee have an inconsistency in their numbering system   

Good thing they make a world class product!!!!!!!!!!

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
dberch
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2010, 10:22:01 PM »

Hi ST, I was referring to the way Larrivee lists model numbers on their website, not inside the guitar.  Even Larrivee isn't consistent!

Your comments make perfect sense to me.  Thansk for this great service!
David

So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com
AZLiberty
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2010, 02:08:29 AM »

Hi ST, I was referring to the way Larrivee lists model numbers on their website, not inside the guitar.  Even Larrivee isn't consistent!

Consistent?

My OM-03RE.  Rosewood w/ Factory Fishman (tag just says OM-03)

My D-03R-12 (tag says nothing)

OM-03RE,
D-03R-12,
Parlor
LS-03 Forum-III #34 (IS/MH)

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markhorning
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2010, 06:09:46 PM »

AZ, have never seen a serial # on the label, other than a hand-written one on a limited run. And, I've owned MANY Larrivees since '92 when I was first turned on to them. Pretty unusual?
     Jeff

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: