Maybe If I Was a 12 Year Old Girl?

Started by ducktrapper, December 24, 2009, 10:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I meant to say  ... and except for the odd OM, mostly all dreads. The L? It looked like a classical guitar on steroids. Strange shape. Funny rosette. Fabulous wood! I mean always loved guitars but I never actually had GAS until I played my L0? I HAD TO HAVE THAT GUITAR!   

Gee, I'm almost sorry I said anything. However, in case you guys don't know, Mr. Bob Taylor absolutely loves Ms. Swift so I was NOT all all surprised to see the Taylor Swift Baby Taylor.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 13, 2010, 08:26:32 PM
Gee, I'm almost sorry I said anything. However, in case you guys don't know, Mr. Bob Taylor absolutely loves Ms. Swift so I was NOT all all surprised to see the Taylor Swift Baby Taylor.
Please don't be silenced by a cynical old man!
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

As much as some are trying to make this about Taylor Swift, it's merely about a butt ugly marketing device on a cheap little guitar that Taylor Swift likeley wouldn't play unless her life depended on it. I have nothing but good wishes for Ms. Swift and her endeavours, however.   

This cynical old man just finds a particular cheeze factor that's brought on by who's name it is scribbled on it.
But no I wouldn't want anybody's else's name on my guitar either. I saw this guy win a nice Martin at a Bluegrass festival and immiediately had "The Bluegrass Band" sign it in big writing across the top. So Tony Rice, Doyle Lawson, JD Crowe, Bobby Hicks, not bad names I suppose, but I wouldn't want them scribbling on my guitar either.

Quote from: flatlander on January 14, 2010, 07:18:23 AM
This cynical old man just finds a particular cheeze factor that's brought on by who's name it is scribbled on it.
But no I wouldn't want anybody's else's name on my guitar either. I saw this guy win a nice Martin at a Bluegrass festival and immiediately had "The Bluegrass Band" sign it in big writing across the top. So Tony Rice, Doyle Lawson, JD Crowe, Bobby Hicks, not bad names I suppose, but I wouldn't want them scribbling on my guitar either.

On the other hand, someone with the initials JD carved them into the top of my Yamaha FG 180, not once, but twice! I used to darn that John Denver but maybe, upon further consideration, it was that JD Crowe. I'm sensing a pattern.  :winkin:

Quote from: ducktrapper on January 14, 2010, 07:36:13 AM
On the other hand, someone with the initials JD carved them into the top of my Yamaha FG 180, not once, but twice! I used to darn that John Denver but maybe, upon further consideration, it was that JD Crowe. I'm sensing a pattern.  :winkin:

Or... J D Souther, perhaps Jack Daniels.  Whatever the case, I wouldn't want my own initials carved into my guitar let alone someone else's; I don't care how famous they are.

DAVE
-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works

Quote from: ncognito on January 14, 2010, 08:25:18 AM

Or... J D Souther, perhaps Jack Daniels.  Whatever the case, I wouldn't wnat my own initials carved into my guitar let alone someone else's; I don't care how famous they are.

DAVE

Whoever it was, he carved it twice! I certainly expect that Jack Daniels was involved.  :laughin: 

This thread has really gone off in a lot of interesting directions.  I am checking back in to add another 2 cents.  :smile:

I own one of these future collectibles (well my daughter does).  However, as I should have noted before, I agree with Ducktrapper, that I am glad that Larrivee doesn't do this sort of thing.  There is something about the purity and integrity of their approach that is very appealing.  I understand that other makers are looking at profit margins, volumes, etc. and that is OK too; although I must admit that when I picked up a $1000 Martin at my local GC the other day, I was somewhat dismayed when I saw on the label that the side and back was mahogany pattern high pressure laminate. 

Not to digress, I still maintain that the Baby Taylor Taylor Swift is reasonable purchase for 11 year old girl, and if I am reading it right I think the title of this thread alludes to that as well.  Now, I wouldn't buy guitar for an 11 year old with much consideration of resale value (it is already dinged actually).  However, great point in this thread is that she might soon lose interest in Taylor Swift.  Of course I should have realized this but trying to make daughter happy isn't always rational process.  She is still playing the Baby Taylor, but her new favorite is Justin Bieber, from Canada, who plays Larrivees!  I will not inform my daughter of this however so she won't want to play my P-03.   :smile:    Best regards. 

P-03 OM-09  RS-4

jojo you are very fortunate!!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

JoJo - Good for you and good for her! I'm glad you see that this was all, well mostly, meant in jest. Play on!

We have the freedom to choose whoever we want to admire even kids. For me, Justin Bieber is one of the most admirable teen stars today because of his great talents in music. He can actually steal the attention of the younger crowd once his music is being played.

I guess you'd be a 12 1/2 year old girl now. Better hurry.