History of Forum Guitars?

Started by Strings4Him, December 15, 2009, 06:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello,

Since I just ordered the Forum IV guitar, I was wondering what the history surrounding Forum I, II, and III is.  Would anyone on the forum be able to provide a quick snapshot--especially during this busy holiday season?

Thanks.

I'm not sure how to search for it but the Forum I and II had a whole load of build pix.I believe and could be wrong but I think there are also build pix from III.Don't know about IV.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

The I and II were OMs...mahogany/spruce or all mahogany. The first batch was 17 and I think the second batch (Forum II) was about 12. They were 12 fret OMs...with abalone rosette, MOP logo inlay on the headstock. No cutaway options were availalbe in these configurations. I think this order went to Larrivee in early 2005.

I just sold my Forum I a couple days ago...there are still photos in the for sale section. Mine was spruce and mahogany.

The Forum III was a 12 fret LS body which was brought out of retirement. Jean Larrivee bought some 35 year old Italian Spruce and offered it on this batch...so there were mahogany/IS, rosewood/IS and all mahogany models made in the LS bopy. These had herrringbone roseetes, and herringbone purfling and cutaways were offered on this batch...although no shiny stuff was allowed on this edition of the forum guitar. About 80 of these were built (78 signed/numbered issues plus a few unsigned/not numbered guitars escaped from Vancouver...)
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Dotneck on December 15, 2009, 09:40:08 PM
The I and II were OMs...mahogany/spruce or all mahogany. The first batch was 17 and I think the second batch (Forum II) was about 12. They were 12 fret OMs...with abalone rosette, MOP logo inlay on the headstock. No cutaway options were availalbe in these configurations. I think this order went to Larrivee in early 2005.

I own a Forum II. There were 10 of them made. I know this is a "history" thread, but I just have to say - one of th efinest instruments I have ever played...much less owned. Although I am not sure if I own the Forum II or the Fourm II owns me!
Forum II # 8 of 10

Thanks for posting the link to the wiki page.  That is very cool.  I hope others will add to it.

:smile: