Wiki Page for Forum Guitars

Started by ST, December 19, 2009, 03:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

See my web page for a couple build pics from Forum II. http://randyrick.us/guitars/LarriveeForumGuitar.htm

Although I say there were 10 Forum II's, there were actually only 9, 9-Forum II's and 1 Forum I replacement. My guitar does not have a Forum II label.

My Forum I #10 was damaged in shipment and another person who ordered a lefty Forum I had his guitar built as a righty and it was kept by Notable. So Larrivee was going to have to make a couple more Forum  guitars, and they allowed a number of people who missed out on the order process to place additional orders with Notable Guitars. So the Forum II's were really just a 2nd order of Forum I's. I don't think there should really have been a Forum II label, just more Forum I's. 

An additional bit of history on Forum-I #10. If you look at the picture of the 10 guitars from the 2nd build on my web page

The box with 2 labels on it is mine. All the other 9 boxes had to be approved for international shipment by Canadian Fish and Game due to the abalone inlay, but since my box was a replacement, it didn't have to be approved (again). The nine Forum II's then shipped to Notable Guitars after the inspection, but mine was left in a corner of the shipping area and was to be shipped to me direct as warranty work, rather than thru Notable. However 2 weeks later my guitar never arrived. Larrivee Customer Service had to locate it where it was misplaced and forgotten, and ship it to me. It was worth the wait, as its a beauitiful playing guitar.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Looks good, ST. One thing, though. You list the Forum I being shipped in Jan. 2006, and the Forum II being shipped in April 2005. I think one of these is wrong.

Thank you Randy,

I have added the detailed history of the Forum I here:
Forum I details and included the story and clarification about how many Forum II's were shipped.

This is great.

Hey there Forum III owners...

What style headstock do you have?

I can't remember and I can't find a detailed picture of a Forum III headstock.

Thanks!

Quote from: ST on December 20, 2009, 02:24:35 PM
Hey there Forum III owners...

What style headstock do you have?

I can't remember and I can't find a detailed picture of a Forum III headstock.

Thanks!

Same as any 03 series guitar with an ebony overlay

Hi  DaveG,

Quote from: DaveG on December 20, 2009, 02:14:22 PM
Looks good, ST. One thing, though. You list the Forum I being shipped in Jan. 2006, and the Forum II being shipped in April 2005. I think one of these is wrong.

Thanks for spotting that. Fixed now - January 2005.

The Forum III Guitar was shipped March 16, 2009. There was a factory tour of the Vancouver, BC plant where these were built.

You might want to restate that, saying the guitars "started" shipping on March 16, 2009.  Larrivee shipped the guitars to Jim Holler at his request, he was receiving about 6 a day I believe. He did not want all 78 guitars shipped at once because he had to set each one up and didn't have the room for that many guitars, plus he had his regular daily business to take care of. As I stated somewhere else The ordering started early Dec 2008 and I received mine 4/25/2009.  Lucky #13
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Thanks Denis,

Quote from: Denis on December 20, 2009, 02:27:57 PM
Same as any 03 series guitar with an ebony overlay

Is the Ebony overlay stock on the 03 series?

Quote from: ST on December 20, 2009, 07:19:13 PM
Thanks Denis,

Is the Ebony overlay stock on the 03 series?
most of them

Thanks Danny,

Quote from: dependan on December 20, 2009, 07:35:27 PM
most of them

This is fine then. I was trying to figure out if I had to mention the ebony overlay as being something special and different from the stock 03 appointments that came on the Forum III.

I think this clears it up and I don't have to make specific mention of this.

ST, Thanks for doing this. I know for some forumites the F-III threads drove them nuts and for sure we posted way too much (at least I did). But I was just using your links on WIKI and enjoying some of the threads and pictures, like looking at a scrap book.
     Those that went to Vancouver and picked up the guitar at the factory and played together later had a very memorable time together.
      It would be nice to do it again.  Plus we may be surprised by a few guests like d. and ST :thumbsup

Hey Danny,

Glad you like the wiki page.

If there is a flock of Forumites landing in Vancouver to pick up their Forum IV's I can try to put together a house concert / jam session. Good news.... it's a great room. Not so great news - it's 45 minutes drive from the Larrivée factory. Dermot, Vancouver Southpaw and Johnny 37 have all been there.

Anyway, it would be fun to make that happen.

ST,

Great idea and a great site. Thanks for including the picture of Bella on it. :thumbsup
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Hi Lynda,

Glad you like it.
Quote from: lyric_girl on December 21, 2009, 12:32:44 PM
ST,

Great idea and a great site. Thanks for including the picture of Bella on it. :thumbsup

I've added Bella's name to the caption.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: ST on December 20, 2009, 09:23:39 PM
Hey Danny,

If there is a flock of Forumites landing in Vancouver to pick up their Forum IV's I can try to put together a house concert / jam session. Good news.... it's a great room. Not so great news - it's 45 minutes drive from the Larrivée factory. Dermot, Vancouver Southpaw and Johnny 37 have all been there.

Not so sure if Larrivee are able to do the Local Pickup or Direct shipment this year due to Sales Tax reasons  :yak:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on December 21, 2009, 03:08:59 PM
Not so sure if Larrivee are able to do the Local Pickup or Direct shipment this year due to Sales Tax reasons  :yak:

Yeah, I got a note from Jim saying we couldn't get direct shipping to Canada this time around as, I'm guessing, it caused some tax headaches, for Larrivee and/or Jim Holler when they did that for the FIII?  Small price to pay.  I will get a bone saddle/set up though! 

Quote from: ST on December 20, 2009, 09:23:39 PM
Hey Danny,

I would do the jam again in a heartbeat. :nana_guitar
1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty
Form 3 #52  LS03 all mahogany lefty
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string

I've just added a new entry in the Larrivée Forum Guitars page. That page now includes notes about the Forum V - The RS-4.  Basically that new section points back to the Larrivée forum and this page: Forum V - The RS-4

The page on my site is a historical record of all the Forum Guitars. The links on that page point back to the original (live and ongoing) discussions here in this forum.

I'll add the details to that page as they come to light.