Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackwood Question For Matthew  (Read 1257 times)
sc morris

Ignore
« on: November 11, 2003, 10:38:42 PM »

Matthew,

Why is Blackwood not featured on your website. I went to the wood section and it's not even listed as an option.  I know you guys make them....since I have a D-03BW  (the greatest sounded acoustic in the world by the way).  I was just curious.  I was letting a buddy of mine check out my guitar and we went to your website so he could find out more about blackwood.  The joke was kind of on my when it wasn't even there!!!  thanks...  sc morris

"I would never join a club that would allow me to be a member"
 Groucho Marx

Larrivee D-03 Blackwood w/ K&K Pure Western
Matthew Larrivee
Admin

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 11:52:26 PM »

I love the stuff, but to be honest we haven't decided what to do with it yet.

We only purchased a few hundred sets of the stuff, and have now used them all. It's been quite popular in the -03 series, but not many people seem to want it in an 09 and 10 series. In order to make the wood cost efective on an -03, we have to sell a number of them in -09 (For example how we make both -03R's and -09's in rosewood)

I haven't put it on the website because we haven't decided to build anymore - so I didn't want to advertise it... Plus it makes your guitar a little more rare, unique, and fun to talk about  :D

Matthew

PS: If we do decide to obtain more, I will add it to the website.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 02:56:49 AM »

We've had both an LV09Blackwood and a D09Blackwood in shop both are killer guitars,sorry there both gone.The LV09 is going to get a K+K installed and the D09 will get a Martin thinline.These are great sounding guitars,I own aearly L in blackwood with the plastic binding wonderful guitar's.The satin's sold much faster then the gloss,it's hard to get some people to step foward and dare to be differant.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
bikodog

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 04:01:23 AM »

Matthew,

Make some more,  I want one!

Larrivee D-03
Larrivee D-02 12 String
Blueridge BG-140 (J-45's are overpriced!)
Gibson J-45 (J-45's were overpriced :) )
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 04:16:41 AM »

Check out http://www.sprucetreemusic.com/guitars.html

They have an OM-03 BW (this is where I found the OM-09K)

Deb :)  

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
sc morris

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 04:49:12 AM »

I love the stuff, but to be honest we haven't decided what to do with it yet.

We only purchased a few hundred sets of the stuff, and have now used them all. It's been quite popular in the -03 series, but not many people seem to want it in an 09 and 10 series. In order to make the wood cost efective on an -03, we have to sell a number of them in -09 (For example how we make both -03R's and -09's in rosewood)

I haven't put it on the website because we haven't decided to build anymore - so I didn't want to advertise it... Plus it makes your guitar a little more rare, unique, and fun to talk about  :D

Matthew

PS: If we do decide to obtain more, I will add it to the website.
  thanks for the info. Matthew.  it's great that you reply so fast and keep us all informed.  very personal and professional.  i now understand why it's not on there and sort of appreciate the "rareness" of it.  it's sorta cool to have a rare guitar.  this, like i said, is the coolest guitar imo.  i searched high and low and did years of research before purchasing my first all solid wood guitar. i wanted to buy one to keep forever....i found it. i went with larrivee for several reasons.  first, it's simply the best value in all solid wood. and believe it or not, the shape of the headstock was the final selling point.  you probably don't hear that much, but it's true.  i just really love the shape of it.  i put in a k&k pure western and this thing is killer now.  thanks for the great guitars and for being here to answer a question or two.  

sc morris

"I would never join a club that would allow me to be a member"
 Groucho Marx

Larrivee D-03 Blackwood w/ K&K Pure Western
BW dreaming

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2003, 07:49:02 PM »

Don't ever put it on the website.  Then people will find out about them and want them and when I have enough money that I can afford one, they'll be gone.

Either that, or keep making them.  They sound incredible.

lionboy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2003, 04:48:38 AM »

That's right, I bought the LV-09BW from unclrob.  Getting the K&K put in tomorrow and can't wait.  I actually could have bought the -03, but really loved the sound, look, and feel of the -09.  So, you're welcome all of those who bought the -03s:)  BTW, Michael, how many LV-09BWs did you make?  We ought to get BW certificates or something with BW serial numbers, haha.

Tom

One of three LV-09BW produced.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: