Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sennheiser D 441 U Microphone  (Read 1465 times)
freestate101

Ignore
« on: November 24, 2009, 12:06:41 AM »

I have acquired this Sennheiser 441 microphone from the estate of a world renowned vocalist. it came to me without cord the cord. It has a much smaller diameter output jack than most mic's that I have run across. I sent an email to Sennheiser to see if they had a cord that would fit the mic and the amp input jack, but no reply so far. Have any of you folks ran into this, and if so what solution did you come up with? This is a really a high end mic, Sennheiser MSRP's it @ $1,350.00. It's a dynamic cardioid vocal studio mic and might just be what I need for church performances if I can solve the cord situation. Thanks in advance guys!

Jim Berry
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 05:41:23 AM »

I saw a posting on another forum I believe about someone who recently came into ownership of a Sennheiser mic that was owned by Werner Von Trapp.  Is this the same poster?

Anyway, there are several vintage microphone websites online, but none seem to directly address the model number as you have written it.  Are you sure you have the model number written out properly?

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 11:33:24 AM »

It is likely an older MD441-N sold in the European market. That version used a small DIN "tuchel" style connector. These are excellent vocal microphones, touted by many as being the best dynamic mic available.

Any good electronic supply house should be able to provide you with the parts to make a tuchel to xlr adapter.

Ron

dberch
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 12:13:38 PM »

Don't rely on email for this. Go to their website, get their Customer Support number, and give then a call.

Here's a link to their support page: http://www.sennheiserusa.com/serviceandsupport

Hope this helps,
David

So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com
freestate101

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 05:58:24 PM »

Thanks for the input guys. Yes I am the same poster on the other thread, but that was someone else's thread and I didn't want to hijack it, so I started this one. I have sent Sennheiser an email, but so far they have not responded. Thanks for the information on the connectors, I will check online for an electronics supply house.

Jim
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 06:46:27 PM »

If Ron's photo shows the correct connector, then you can probably pick one up from Neutrik.  But I just searched their German site and tuchel doesn't appear anywhere on the site.

Good luck with this one - I'll be curious to find out if there's a US supplier you can use for this part.

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 07:01:22 PM »

This should be what you are looking for:

http://www.binder-usa.com/psearch_detail.php?pid=6361

The picture shows a multi pin model, but the part number given is for the correct 3 pin type.

Ron

freestate101

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 02:18:48 AM »

Thanks ronmac, I will give them a call tomorrow. It looks like they may use the 5 pin base, but just make 3 active. I don't know if this mic even works anymore, but if it does it will be the best $10-$12 I have spent in quite a while!

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: