Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I had no idea when I bought...  (Read 4769 times)
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 01:50:32 AM »

They are amazing. Congratulations! gotpics?

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 04:05:27 PM »

I mean unwrapping from the string core. I swear I recall reading something about strings that are hand wrapped, I don't know,lol.  I'll be off for awhile again. Confirmed H1N1 in Gabriels class means it a good chance this is what I have and he just had. Apparently the Swine flu makes no concession for us Halal folks.

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
AgeOfEmpires

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 07:54:29 PM »

Been too busy at work to check out the forum recently.  Glad to hear there is yet another satisfied BB owner out there.  My BB is my one and only Larrivee and I am very pleased with it.  The best sound so far that I've gotten is with the current set of Dean Markley GoldPhos mediums.  I'll add thomastik to the list to be tried in the future.  Next up are some Newtones.

willguitar

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 08:20:06 PM »

AgeOfEmpires,

Appreciate your comments. May try the strings you've used.

Picked up the L-03BB again this morning after not playing it for a week (other guitars to play). Love at first sight... AGAIN. It is a tone monster.

Cheers,

Will

Acoustic, Electric & Air guitars
willguitar

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2009, 03:20:21 PM »

For those interested, there is a L-03BB listed on the For Trade/Wanted forum.

Cheers,

Will

Acoustic, Electric & Air guitars
D. Dubya

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 06:32:05 AM »

If it's rlouie's L-03BB you're talkin' bout, I traded my Taylor for it!  Also, allow me to clear up the mystery about the strings that can't be cut before they're wound. I use DR Sunbeams, which have a round core and DR recommends that they not be cut prior to stringing up because the wrap wire could slip off of the core. I don't know about any other strings, but round core DRs fit that profile. So, you're not dreaming/crazy.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: