Played some OLD Martins today

Started by prof_stack, November 25, 2009, 04:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: prof_stack on November 28, 2009, 10:51:26 PM
A couple of thoughts now that I'm back home and away from those retirement fund robbing guitars.

After playing my D-18GE pretty hard and for a while I came to the understanding that this guitar will one day sound as good or better than the 1941 D-18.  It already has an outrageous tone and is getting better.  The GE drove my SD-50 out of the house.  If you want to save $25,000 go buy a D-18GE or Authentic and play the heck out of it.  Your kids or grandchildren will thank you someday when they play it and ask you about today's "Golden Age" of guitars, when mahogany and rosewood were still available.

Scary thought came to me that I don't need another mahogany guitar with how the GE sounds.  Made me think about passing on the F-IV.  But then again, ...   :blush:  the F-IV will be one unique instrument.

Here is part of the wall of mostly vintage Martins.  They had vintage Gibsons, too, but there was just not enough time.

Okay.. Stop teasing! Why do I keep looking at that D-35!
2006 Larrivee l-05
1972 Yamaha fg-160
Kaycee Loves Donuts!

Really enjoyed this thread.  I am the original owner of a 1961 00 21NY Martin that rings like chimes.  It has had some work done on it at the Martin Factory but is a jewel.  Not yet vintage.  I told my granddaughter she could have it when she was big enough to take care of it.  Meanwhile she gets by on a 1/2 sized Washburn.  I'm hoping this infects her with guitar fever.

Thats it Richard,teach them early about G.A.S..Good job. :thumb

:humour:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on November 29, 2009, 03:48:23 PM