F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey all, I posted my #15 on the for sale page.  It's a sad day...for me...I suppose it could be a happy day for somebody else.

A little update on my experience with my F-IV.

I have found this to be a great little player that is meeting and exceeding my expectations. I have owned another 00 Larrivee, a 00-09 Flamed Maple model. I sold it when I purchased my F-III and began to miss it after a few months. I also played a spruce topped mahogany 00-05 as well as owning a few P-09 models.
     This little 00-03MT F-IV is a better player for my style and taste in tone than all the others I listed above. The 00-09FM is the only one that would compete for playing time with me in these smaller bodied Larris. (excluding the larger F-III which I consider an exceptional guitar and has a unique tone all it's own in the Mahogany/Italian Spruce version).

A few of these are coming up for sale now and we are all adding our comments regarding our feelings about these nice little guitars in those threads, myself included. I thought that maybe we should close this thread if the MODS agree and maybe just start one about our views and experiences as we did with the F-III.
      Then as some who are interested in these models ask questions regarding them we could refer them to that new thread, which of course will not be as long as this one has turned out to be (and not be so full of my belly aching during the wait).

There is one last thing I want to say in this thread, if indeed we do end it soon. And that is a big thanks to JIM HOLLER for seeing this through. Also thanks to The LARRIVEE family for doing this for us, especially to JOHN  in Vancouver for seeing the build through. 

I know I don't say things as well as some on the forum. But I hope all will know that I appreciate this forum and also would like to thank YOU...ALL OF YOU.

nuff said :donut

Danny, I've got the same guitars.  They are the only guitars I've got and right now, I am GAS-less.  We'll see how long that lasts. 

I agree we could close this thread and a new one could be started like we'd done for the FIII. 

So, what's the Forum V going to be???   :wink:

Or, who will be the thread-ender?   :humour:
Play it daily for best results.

Hi friends,
I just came back from work and holiday in China for 7 weeks.  First thing that I did at home was opening the Forum IV case and played it. 
Amazing... after 6 weeks the strings are still in tune (is it correct? sorry my English is not perfect :( ).  What a wonderful sound...  :thumb

cheers,
Peter

Quote from: pehabe on August 31, 2010, 02:12:14 PM
Hi friends,
I just came back from work and holiday in China for 7 weeks.  First thing that I did at home was opening the Forum IV case and played it. 
Amazing... after 6 weeks the strings are still in tune (is it correct? sorry my English is not perfect :( ).  What a wonderful sound...  :thumb

cheers,
Peter

I feel bad for my FIII these days.  I really should take it out of the case sometime in the near future but my FIV is just too much.  It rings and rings, mellow, warm and the size!  I'm finally starting to play more and it's the first thing I reach for every time.

Frankly I'm kinda glad I don't have to choose between a wonderful F-IV and and F-III  :laughin:    Denis and Danny and others who have IIIs and IVs must sometimes feel bad about leaving one in the case while heaping praise on the other one.    Myself, I keep my F -III MT very busy and feel a little sorry for the 000-50 MT that used to be #1 player.  Now it's relegated to cleanup duties just ahead of the OM-03R and the L-10.     It's almost embarrassing to have so many fine guitars.     Some of us are very lucky indeed   :thumb

Yup, it is very nice to struggle about which guitar to pick up. My F-IV has been getting all the attention since I got it.

Until this week.
                      I missed my F-III and picked it up and played it. It sounded Weak! 
          Then I realized the strings were tarnished and old. They are a year and a half old now. My son plays the III a lot and it just needs some new EJ's or DM's. But I started playing it more anyway.

But the OM-21 had been cased up for awhile :whistling:. And then a strange thing happened.
                                            This is not the place for that story though.

PS.   We are spending a few days away from Austin in some B & B's and the F-IV is not with me for the first time since I got it. Neither is the F-III or the OM-21 for that matter.  "The rest of the story"elsewhere.

Quote from: dependan on August 31, 2010, 10:50:39 PM
           But the OM-21 had been cased up for awhile :whistling:. And then a strange thing happened.
                                            This is not the place for that story though.

"The rest of the story"elsewhere.

OK Danny. What have you done.  :mad: And where is "The rest of the story" ????

You've got some 'splainin' to do...... (taps foot impatiently)........ :cop:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.
Achillies 5F2A Princeton.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: tuffythepug on September 01, 2010, 01:46:32 AM
Oh my.   What now Danny ?   Don't be a tease. 

I think Im on to it Tuffy.

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=33630.msg308753#msg308753

Nice. Very nice. But the Martin?  :crying: :crying: :crying:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.
Achillies 5F2A Princeton.

Victoria, Australia.